• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TSN: Ranking the Big East Coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

What's this movie/documentary thing about?

Probably the 10 year anniversary DVD we already have.

• Content Count:  4,501

bear in mind that since last year several coaches have gone on to other conferences or the NFL. Others like Wannstedt had terrible seasons when they were expected to be competing for the top.

Also-- we did pretty well in the conference itself. The ranking is fair if not a bit higher than it might be justified at this point. Getting credit for building a program should not impact overall coaching itself imo. FOr all we know, any of those coaches could have done a similar job of program building and I am thankful that we had someone as great as Leavitt leading our efforts all these years and hopefully many more to come.

Mike,Couldn't disagree with you any more.  Clearly JL has built a progam.  His low ranked recruiting classes show he is not only a good judge of talent but also he coaches them up to higher level.  His team has gone from independent to C-USA to BE while remaining competitive at each level.  He has passed up on big money offers from other schools to continue to build USF football.  For at least most USF fans we feel our future is bright and feel our team will be even better in the next few years.  I feel this is one of those true rare events when the perfect coach finds his perfect job.  I doubt there are few people that could have done what JL has done here at USf.  There may be a day when we will be walking by a statue of JL at our OCS just like Bobby at FSU.  We do agree that JL has done a great job but no way do I see any of the other BE coaches matching JL.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

2. Jim Leavitt, South Florida. Another gem from the Bill Snyder coaching tree, Leavitt is the personification of an old-school, hard-driving coach who really doesn't given two rips what anyone thinks about him. Just get out of his way and let him coach. It's a thing of beauty.[highlight] If USF wins the Big East this year, don't be shocked -- but thank Leavitt. [/highlight]

Whattaya mean "IF" ???   ;)

• Content Count:  4,501

You go Mutt !

• Content Count:  2,726

There may be a day when we will be walking by a statue of JL at our OCS just like Bobby at FSU.  

You've got that right!  

I will say to my children and grandchildren, "Kids, I was at USF when HE was the coach." ::)

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

coaching rankings seem to fluctuate from season to season

i dont think any statues will be built until usf wins something of note

Archived