• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sporting News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

We were mentioned in "Five Florida Schools, five to-do-list items" section

South Florida: Find a killer instinct.   The Bulls have 15 wins the past 2 years and were the second-best team in the state by the end of last season. Yet for every big win over Louisville, there has been a confounding loss to Connecticut.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

right on target!

the players and coach seem fired up this year to do just that!

win the BE is the goal

• Content Count:  385

Check out the USF page on sporting news.  They have a draft watch section for the team.  Check out the photo.  Its supposed to be Stephen Nicholas, but it is some UCF player.  

• Content Count:  2,726

Hilarious...I think the picture autocrops to that guy...Steve is in the Backround, meh.  Oh well, thats the best publicity they'll see all year!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

That is a ridiculous statement.  Shows how little research they have done on USF.  The UConn loss was 2 years ago and we had a bad team, average at best, despite the bowl birth.  That was mostly due to an anemic offense.  That comment doesn't apply to the Grothe era, imo.  The 4 teams we lost to last year were all decent teams.  We beat all the "UConn's" on the sched last year.  

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

That is a ridiculous statement.  Shows how little research they have done on USF.  The UConn loss was 2 years ago and we had a bad team, average at best, despite the bowl birth.  That was mostly due to an anemic offense.  That comment doesn't apply to the Grothe era, imo.  The 4 teams we lost to last year were all decent teams.  We beat all the "UConn's" on the sched last year.  

I think its right on the money.  Yes the examples are from two years ago, but for every West Virginia win last year, there was a loss to Cincinnati and even one to Kansas.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Cincy was an 8 win bowl team we lost to on the road, and Kansas had won something like 9 straight at home, including a blow out of Nebraska and was coming off a bowl season, again on the road.  Those are not "Uconn" losses as the author suggests.  They are games we should have won, but it wasn't like we lost to terrible teams.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

TX, Kansas was AWEFUL last year. They went 6-6, lost to  terrible Toledo and Baylor teams and beat only 2 teams with a .500 or better record. USF and K-State.

Cincy was decent, but only 3 of their 8 wins were over schools with a .500 or better record. When they played a top ranked team (outside Rutgers) they were smacked around each time.

I don't think the point of the article was that we lose to bad teams. It was that if we WANT to be included in the discussion with the UL and WVUs in the Big East we have to beat the teams we should. Certainly Kansas was a game that losing last year hurt, even with the WVU win.

Take out the teams that he used as an example... "Yet for every big win , there has been a confounding loss." Which is 100% true.

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

To be fair, USF was really not as strong during the first half of the season compared to the second half of the season. We lost to Kansas. We almost lost to McNeese St. The game was pretty close against a terrible UCF team.  USF was just getting the offense working with a new QB at the helm, so it was no surprised that the team got stronger as the season went on. I am willing to bet that USF would have beat Kansas if they would have matched up later in the year.

• Content Count:  400

USF would have beat Kansas if they would have matched up later in the year.

woulda/coulda/shoulda.. we didn't....and we should have.  That is the only thing I fear with this team.  It has yet to show me consistency year in and year out.  That, and the fact that we can't play on the road.  We better work our kinks out before heading up to Jordan-Hare.  Playing in an SEC stadium is like playing in a coliseum against a bunch of gladiators.

Archived