• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm Proud of our University

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

There are so many educational institutions out there which are content with mediocrity and the status quo.

I'm proud to be a part of an institution which is aggressively trying to position itself to be competitive at the highest levels.

15 years ago, USF had no football team, was a tier 4 academic institution, had amateurish logo/color combo. I'm not sure what the news was with the bball program because I wasn't around then and I haven't seen records that far back, but we all know how the "future" of that program turned out.

Today?  USF has a potentially very competitive Div I BCS football team thats making headlines, has improved to Tier III academically, has an awesome new brand identity, a competitive baseball team, new and improving facilities springing up all over campus, and now even the future of basketball looks bright.

I think the hiring of Heath really put the 'frosting on the cake', so to speak, on USF's commitment to excellence. What a great combination of personalities we have running our programs: Woolard, Leavitt, Prado, Fernandez, and now Heath? He hasn't proven himself, but I think he will end up being a really good fit for our school.  I can't wait to see where we are in 5 years.

What an exciting time to be a Bull!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I read somewhere that USF's incoming class total avg. grade, is an A minus. I had 2 Great students of mine get accepted, and one student get declined for entry...   So it's getting harder to get in.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, we are always making strides.

You should never be comfortable...always be striving for more.

Now that I've said that, I am going to eat cookies and watch TV all day... :P

• Content Count:  387

Griggsy, it can't be said any better than that.

We'll all look back years from now and be proud to say we were Bulls when things really got rolling.

USF has always been a fine institution, always improving, and now the  rest of the world is finding out.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I agree.  Everything that's being done at USF is done with class and professionalism.

Woolard landing Heath was just the icing on the cake, though.  We've got fantastic leadership all around the board now at USF.  It IS a great time to be a Bull!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I don't know if any listened to Mike Pepper this morning on 1010 but he said he actually teared up a little at the PC yesterday just thinking about what that means to the university .... he, of course, was immediately called a weenie (paraphrase) for doing so.   ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Pooswah?

I paraphrased because I forgot what they actually called him ....  :-/

• Content Count:  3,103

There are so many educational institutions out there which are content with mediocrity and the status quo.

I'm proud to be a part of an institution which is aggressively trying to position itself to be competitive at the highest levels.

15 years ago, USF had no football team, was a tier 4 academic institution, had amateurish logo/color combo. I'm not sure what the news was with the bball program because I wasn't around then and I haven't seen records that far back, but we all know how the "future" of that program turned out.

Today?  USF has a potentially very competitive Div I BCS football team thats making headlines, has improved to Tier III academically, has an awesome new brand identity, a competitive baseball team, new and improving facilities springing up all over campus, and now even the future of basketball looks bright.

I think the hiring of Heath really put the 'frosting on the cake', so to speak, on USF's commitment to excellence. What a great combination of personalities we have running our programs: Woolard, Leavitt, Prado, Fernandez, and now Heath? He hasn't proven himself, but I think he will end up being a really good fit for our school.  I can't wait to see where we are in 5 years.

What an exciting time to be a Bull!

you forgot our softball and mens soccer coaches from that list, both have made NCAA tourny's recently.  also NFL Hall of Famer Lee Roy Selmon, and President Judy Genshaft.(both are great leaders who bring a lot to the university)

Archived