• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New pictures of UCF facilities (link)...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I though the stadium was going to cost only $40M?  Now you've budgeted $65M for it?

Where's that extra $25 mil coming from?

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I was working at a client site deep within enemy territory last week (right across the street from UCF campus), and I had to go check out the stadium.  I will tell you that I am jealous of the fact that they will have an OCS, and the fact that it is in kind of a remote, wooded area almost reminiscent of UNC's Kenan Stadium.  I will also say that I would take a good team/program playing in a $160 million NFL stadium over a crap team/program playing in a $60 million erector set OCS any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

_EI, that cost includes land clearing, infrastructure and other costs.  I originally heard 60mil for the whole project, but 65 is doable.  The stadium itself is around 40.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I was working at a client site deep within enemy territory last week (right across the street from UCF campus), and I had to go check out the stadium.  I will tell you that I am jealous of the fact that they will have an OCS, and the fact that it is in kind of a remote, wooded area almost reminiscent of UNC's Kenan Stadium.  I will also say that I would take a good team/program playing in a $160 million NFL stadium over a crap team/program playing in a $60 million erector set OCS any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I live deep in enemy territory and have seen it often... :-/ ;D

• Content Count:  162

USF has a great situation with Ray Jay - and completely different from what UCF had with the Citrus Bowl.  There is no question that Bright House stadium lacks the bells and whistles of a true modern day NFL stadium, but it is brand new and will serve the UCF community in ways that the Citrus Bowl just couldn't do.  We'll know a LOT more after next year when we can compare the game-day atmosphere to what we enjoyed at the Citrus Bowl.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Comparing UCF's new stadium to the Citrus Bowl is a no-brainer.  The C-Bowl is a dump in a not so nice area, I still can't believe the city of Orlando has not upgraded that dump and that UCF had to play in it.  Glad you guys are building an OCS and I can't wait to see USF vs UCF there in "08".  Good Luck in the new place.

• Content Count:  162

Comparing UCF's new stadium to the Citrus Bowl is a no-brainer.  The C-Bowl is a dump in a not so nice area, I still can't believe the city of Orlando has not upgraded that dump and that UCF had to play in it.  Glad you guys are building an OCS and I can't wait to see USF vs UCF there in "08".  Good Luck in the new place.

Agreed - and thanks.  And congrats on the Heath hire...that's a good snag for Woolard and USF.

Archived