• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Tribune makes a great first impression...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

It's just poorly written.  The fact that the Trib writers use USF to try out bad jokes is ridiculous.  For a fan base starving for information the Laurel and Hardy act at the Trib hardly suffices.  But if it helps I'll say "it was a little funny" and perhaps they should give up their day jobs - please!

Just poor.  I'm glad I don't subscribe.

Me, too. Trying too hard to cute and funny, and neither was called for.  

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  43

Henderson takes an opportunity to take more shots at USF while praising Coach Heath.

I went back to read this terrible, horrible column to see if i missed anything.

Stan Heath is charismatic, enthusiastic, and actually has won a lot of basketball games as a head coach. If ever a place needed someone like that, it's the University of South Florida.

The guy has only been here one day, and he is on a roll.

That's another way of saying no one has been able to get enough of the difference-making kind of players to make the commitment to USF.

Heath may be that guy. He has enough of a name in the game that McDonald's All Americans won't automatically double over in laughter when "USF" shows up on their caller ID. And if he needed more incentive, he conceded he has a bit of attitude after Arkansas did him wrong.

"I'm motivated anyway. I'm going to get the job done regardless, but there is a little bit of a sting, a little bit of an edge I'll carry on my shoulders," he said.

Honestly, this was a rip job?? C'mon, guys.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Henderson takes an opportunity to take more shots at USF [highlight]while praising Coach Heath.[/highlight]

I went back to read this terrible, horrible column to see if i missed anything.

Stan Heath is charismatic, enthusiastic, and actually has won a lot of basketball games as a head coach. If ever a place needed someone like that, it's the University of South Florida.

The guy has only been here one day, and he is on a roll.

That's another way of saying no one has been able to get enough of the difference-making kind of players to make the commitment to USF.

Heath may be that guy. He has enough of a name in the game that McDonald's All Americans won't automatically double over in laughter when "USF" shows up on their caller ID. And if he needed more incentive, he conceded he has a bit of attitude after Arkansas did him wrong.

"I'm motivated anyway. I'm going to get the job done regardless, but there is a little bit of a sting, a little bit of an edge I'll carry on my shoulders," he said.

Honestly, this was a rip job?? C'mon, guys.

You do understand what the term "while praising Coach Heath" means, right?

• Content Count:  43

I do know, yes.

I also know that not everything is a conspiracy against USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

I do know, yes.

I also know that not everything is a conspiracy against USF.

Nobody mentioned conspiracy ... Cyber just said that JH took the opportunity to take more shots at the university, which he did... while praising Coach Heath.

Archived