• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats Chris Heintz, Major Leaguer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

on making the Opening Day Roster for the Minnesota Twins.  Per gousfbulls.com .

Heintz Earns Roster Spot With Minnesota Twins  

Courtesy: USF

Release: 03/30/2007

Courtesy: USF

TAMPA, Fla. (March 30, 2007) – Following Major League Baseball's spring training, former USF baseball player Chris Heintz (1993-96) earned a spot on the Minnesota Twins' 25-man roster for the 2007 season.

Heintz earned the final spot on the roster due to his ability to catch as well as play multiple infield positions for the Twins.

Heintz made his MLB debut with the Twins on Sept. 10, 2005 versus the Cleveland Indians. The 1996 All-American has started six and appeared in 10 games for the Twins in two seasons, batting .192, with three doubles, two RBI and a run scored. His first-career hit came against the Indians Sept. 11, 2005.

Heintz, 32, spent most of the 2006 season with Triple-A Rochester, batting .281 with 22 doubles and 38 RBIs

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Great to hear about our players in any major league! Maybe he can throw some of that major league cash for our new stadium?  ;D

Heintz has spent so long in the minors that any kind of cash he gets this year from the Twins is for his nest egg.  Dude is 32 already.  He did have the funniest line of the night though, at the pre season banquet.  Good to see he has a sense of humor.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

JoeB - I was at the banquet too.  I immediately became a fan of Heintz.  Seems like a great person with a never quit attitude.

Yep, you gotta respect guys like Heintz who never give up on their dream, when it becomes increasingly tougher after each season.  

For those not at the banquet, the panel went around and said how long they've been playing the sport and what made them different than any other players.  Jeter gave an answer that he's been playing his whole life, while Posada said his earliest memory was lying in his crib with a bat and ball.  Lifelong Minor Leauger Heintz not skipping a beat said something to this effect, "  I've been playing my whole life too.  I must have had different coaches or something."

Brought down the house.  

Guest AstroBull
Yep, you gotta respect guys like Heintz who never give up on their dream, when it becomes increasingly tougher after each season.  

For those not at the banquet, the panel went around and said how long they've been playing the sport and what made them different than any other players.  Jeter gave an answer that he's been playing his whole life, while Posada said his earliest memory was lying in his crib with a bat and ball.  Lifelong Minor Leauger Heintz not skipping a beat said something to this effect, "  I've been playing my whole life too.  I must have had different coaches or something."

Brought down the house.  

That is an awesome quote.  Great to see another USF Alum make it to the bigs.  How is Gload doing over in KC?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Gload had a great spring...he hit .415 and will start in left field for the Royals when there is a righty on the mound (75% of the time) and he will still get some starts at 1b.

as for Heintz having some of that Twins money....

CONTRACT INFO:  2007-09: Near Minimum, 2010-12: Arb. Eligible  

i think he needs to look out for #1 first.  I think the minimum is around 300K

Let's hope he hits all of his performance incentives.  And your 2007 MVP is ..................Chris Heintz!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

they got some guy named Joe Mauer infront of him.....i heard that Mauer guy is a pretty decent player.      :-?