• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And you thought the Tribune was bad...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Brad,

Thats what happens when your program becomes big time. Would you rather them write nothing at all?

But you're saying the Oracle editorial should "piss me off" and not the Trib or Times?

Some girl telling why she wears a Gator shirt opposed to some reporter telling a wide audience that USF is not the place to be?  That in Brett's words we're embarassing?

Come on.

And yes, I'd rather not a single article be written if that is the only option to select in place of Trib trash.  "Nothing" is better than a smear.

Our basketball program is bigtime? We really are from two different planets.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Big East = Big time...... We need to act like we belong in the Big East.

Big East = Big time...... We need to act like we belong in the Big East.

I can't wait...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah it's amazing to me that people would capitalize on the circumstance and their impunity from any sort of retribution to take shots at a local institution...amazing to me.  But I guess if I were a journalist in Orlando with nothing to lose (and I thought I was funny) I'd write similar crap about the Knights when given the chance.  I guess I would, if I were an ass.

To me, papers marginalize their worth with crap like this.

I guess I don't look so absurd now?

Yeah it's amazing to me that people would capitalize on the circumstance and their impunity from any sort of retribution to take shots at a local institution...amazing to me.  But I guess if I were a journalist in Orlando with nothing to lose (and I thought I was funny) I'd write similar crap about the Knights when given the chance.  I guess I would, if I were an ass.

LOL...If this were Animal House and I were Otter, I would name you "AbsurdaBULL", Delta brother.   ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Tom Jones should be writing for the Seminole Beacon.  Lots of cheap shots!  Auman does a great job writing and reporting "BULL NEWS".  Mr. Jones should spend more time reporting the news, not creating it.  Great job Tom!  Hope your job at the Star pays off someday.

Journalist indeed!

We do need to differentiate between a reporter and a columnist. The Jones piece was a column, which is supposed to entertain, not relay facts ..... along the same lines of sports talk radio. It's a slow time of year and the USF job search is ripe for the plucking.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

LOL...If this were Animal House and I were Otter, I would name you "AbsurdaBULL", Delta brother.   ;)

lol

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Tom Jones should be writing for the Seminole Beacon.  Lots of cheap shots!  Auman does a great job writing and reporting "BULL NEWS".  Mr. Jones should spend more time reporting the news, not creating it.  Great job Tom!  Hope your job at the Star pays off someday.

Journalist indeed!

We do need to differentiate between a reporter and a columnist. The Jones piece was a column, which is supposed to entertain, not relay facts ..... along the same lines of sports talk radio. It's a slow time of year and the USF job search is ripe for the plucking.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I have no problem with it and thought it was funny, btw I actually had some casual fans become aware that USF is looking for new coach as the news has not been headline or front page. At this point any publicity is good publicity for USF basketball. This was actually one of the highest profile pieces on USF bball all year as it took up a prime spot and had many pictures and was funny.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Journalist indeed!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I have no problem with it and thought it was funny, btw I actually had some casual fans become aware that USF is looking for new coach as the news has not been headline or front page. At this point any publicity is good publicity for USF basketball. This was actually one of the highest profile pieces on USF bball all year as it took up a prime spot and [highlight]had many pictures and was funny[/highlight].

I thought it was funny all the way to where he took a shot at my boy, Harrick....  >:(

And it was humoprous as long as we get Heath or someone similar pretty soon ..... drag it out much past this weekend and my sense of humor will be taking a serious hit.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

agreed