• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the gnashing of teeth begin over the Tampa Tri

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It's not so much what he wrote, it's just that Fennelly is such a little shrew that every so often he drops in on some topic he doesn't know much about and commits a total drive-by.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry guys,  for those that know me, you know I support  USF all the way but I don't take offense to the article.

Try to look from the outside.

No practice facilities

Old building needing renovation - Sun Dome

Not a basketball state - makes the Gator rise look even more impressive.

No history of winning at BB at USF

Tough conference with no advantages against other conference teams.

This is exactly why I was in no rush to replace Mac.  I fear we end up in the same position.  We need that big name coach that brings recruits with him.  If we can't afford that we should have stayed with Mac.  

We look bad right now and it isn't getting any better.

Turned down by lower level coaches - do you really think we are high on anyones list ?  Like Seth said Kids(Coaches) don't grow up wanting to be part of USF basketball.

This article is just a shot to the heart of all USF basketball who want us to be successful and that includes me.

We used to have a history of winning at USF BB, but that was a long time ago, try late 80's early 90's.

The Sun Dome was built the same year as the dome at UF, whatever its name is.  I really do not care if Jerry Garcia refused to play at the Sun Dome when it had the inflatable roof.  He is dead now, and we have a solid roof now.  I say just play video from USF's heydays in the early 90's when the Dome was full and every pair of feet were stomping on those rickety wood floors in the stands.  The noise was deafening back then; if that is not a home advantage then I have no idea what one is.  Go ask Denny Crumm how much he hated coaching against us when UL had to come to Tampa.

Who says that we cannot afford an upgrade at the coaching position?  Woolard has indicated that he will pay the new coach substantially more than RMC's salary.  If you have a dud as coach with no substantial improvement in sight, then it is time to make a change.  

Now RMC made his "sour grapes" statement that he would not have taken the job if he knew that we were moving to the Big East.   That indicates that maybe we should shy away from mid-major head coaches and go for an assistant coach at an upper tier BB school.  Maybe the mid-major coaches are afraid of some hard work.  Those other mid-major coaches who turned us down have ties to other major schools; none of them have ties to USF.  Maybe they are holding out to go coach for their alma mater?  If they do not want to be here, then they should not come here.  I would not want a coach using us as a stepping stone.  The only past USF player that I know of with coaching experience is Reggie Kohn, and he only coached at the high school level.  I doubt he is ready for the jump to the major college level at this time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

The only past USF player that I know of with coaching experience is Reggie Kohn, and he only coached at the high school level.

There is Cedric Smith...

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

the thing about it...its ok to bash the home town team when its needed...but when that team is actually in the press on a normal basis and has a big enough fan base to understand what is going on.

right now, 85% of the people who read that article, it might be the first time they read an article on USF basketball all season.

it did set us back probably another 2 seasons with attracting the casual fan.

although, like i said before, our atheletic department is doing that with the ticket prices....

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

Most accurate piece of journalism I have read in a long time.  Sometimes the truth is the truth and it hurts.  Watching the East Regionals in person this past weekend really does put this article in perspective for me.  

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

The program is NOT a mess??  ::) ;D

Holy crap, I'm speechless...

Someone else take care of this low-hanging fruit.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

did we fire CRM to soon?

one more year

1. more BE $$

2.better facilities or concrete plans

3. a list of coaches or better a coach ready to go BRFORE you fire CRM

i hope this turns out well!

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

^ Did we wait one year too long to fire Mac??

Huggy, #1 recruiting class in the nation, big Nike deal.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

And left Cincinnati in "a mess."