• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BBall Coaching Vacancies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The following schools have coaching vacancies.  The highlighted schools are BCS conference schools.

[highlight]Arkansas[/highlight]

Bowling Green

Chicago State

[highlight]Colorado[/highlight]

Hawaii

Harvard

Indiana State

[highlight]Iowa[/highlight]

[highlight]Kentucky [/highlight]

Long Beach State

Marshall

[highlight]Michigan[/highlight]

North Dakota State

Princeton

Quinnipiac

San Diego

Santa Clara

[highlight]South Florida[/highlight]

St. Bonaventure

UC Riverside

UMKC

Utah

How do you think we stack up in comparison to the schools that do have openings?  I think that Kentucky and Michigan gets the pick of the pack, the Iowa and Arkansas jobs are better than ours and that we are pretty even with Colorado.  Among the smaller schools only Long Beach State could compete (they did make the NCAA tournament).  

I don't expect a new coach to be announced until next week (Mon or Tues).  It can't go much further than that since recruiting begins right after the title game.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Utah was filled today by a Michigan State assistant.

I think your highly underestimating the Arkansas job. It is probably the most attractive behind UK. Arkansas was a regular in the NCAAs until a few years ago. They have 6 Finals Fours...yada yada ydad.

I would think that someone big will go there.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

San Diego got filled also...

I think by a Gonzaga assistant.

Guest BasketBull.

Iowa and Michigan will be fighting for the same people, most likely.

Arkansas and Kentucky will also hunt for similar names, unless Kentucky goes for a coup of some kind.

USF and Colorado will be left with the rest of the coaches.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

UK is going for a home run. They are going to offer Donovan a very large contract, which according to UF's president he'll match. Confirmed reports said they have spoken to Jay Wright. They have also sought out and gotten permission to speak to Thad Matta when his season is over. I would think Tom Crean and Jamie Dixon could get looks too. This is THE job in college basketball, so someone will take it.

Apparently Arkansas has gone with the full court press on Billy Gillispie, which is why they canned Stan Heath today. IF it were to happen TAMU would probably have their position open (Matt Dorherty maybe, he doesn't want to have to move again, but this might be a job for him)

I think Colorado is getting the Air Force coach, unfortunately Air Force is in the NIT Final Four, so they will have to wait a bit.

Iowa and Michigan are both talking to Lowery and Kruger. Michigan actually does not want to spend much...so I would expect Kruger to be more of a target. There are 5-6 other names associated with the job but  those are the big ones. (Gregg Marshall was mentioned, doubtful that he gets it)

Marshall is pretty much all Donnie Jones (UF assistant) at this point.

ND State hired someone names Saul Phillips today.

Indiana State is associated with one big name Oral Roberts coach Scott Sutton (Another son of Eddie)

And my favorite rumor today. Long Beach State is talking to Jim Harrick...Sorry Trip.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

And my favorite rumor today. Long Beach State is talking to Jim Harrick...Sorry Trip.

Ah, but which one, Jr or Sr?