• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marshall Out according to Bretts Blog

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't seem like any BBall coach that is currently employed wants to coach us.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/no-marshall-in-plan-for-usf/

No Marshall in plan for USF

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Mar 23, 2007 at 03:09 PM

Updated Mar 23, 2007 at 03:23 PM

From what I’m hearing Winthrop coach Gregg Marshall has informed University of South Florida athletic director Doug Woolard to remove his name from consideration for the USF job.

After meeting with Woolard Tuesday in Rock Hill, S.C., Marshall had been targeted to become USF’s next coach. However, Marshall is expected to receive a new 10-year deal to remain at Winthrop, where he has led the Eagles to seven NCAA Tournaments in nine seasons.

Marshall, VCU’s Anthony Grant and UMass’ Travis Ford are among the candidates that USF has pursued that are not interested in the position.

The question now is: where should USF turn next?

Who's next?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/no-marshall-in-plan-for-usf/

No Marshall in plan for USF

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Mar 23, 2007 at 03:09 PM

Updated Mar 23, 2007 at 03:23 PM

From what I’m hearing Winthrop coach Gregg Marshall has informed University of South Florida athletic director Doug Woolard to remove his name from consideration for the USF job.

After meeting with Woolard Tuesday in Rock Hill, S.C., Marshall had been targeted to become USF’s next coach. However, Marshall is expected to receive a new 10-year deal to remain at Winthrop, where he has led the Eagles to seven NCAA Tournaments in nine seasons.

Marshall, VCU’s Anthony Grant and UMass’ Travis Ford are among the candidates that USF has pursued that are not interested in the position.

The question now is: where should USF turn next?

Who's next?

It's hard not to question the credibility of this. I know reporters can't be perfect but there is a blog 2 stories below this stating that Palphrey turned down the USF job (which is untrue). I know Brett acknowledged his mistake but only under the comments section - which I hardly bother to read.

No offense to Brett but I hope he's wrong. It's pretty discouraging readin about people in my top 5 turn down the job.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I dunno, I started to have my doubts about Marshall when he didn't make it to Tampa and then said "it's a nice program."

I think he's waiting for the South Carolina job to open, as Dave Odom doesn't have much time left there.

I am not completely convinced he's off the list, but he did have until TODAY to accept the Winthrop offer, so...

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

the coaching search is becoming embarrassing ... to get turned down by a coach at VCU, Winthrop, maybe USA, and an assistant at UMass is a slap in the face for ANY major conference school

Guest JulmisteForPrez

:-[

If this is all true, what a stinkin' embarassment indeed.

I think I'm gonna' be sick.

Has that middle school coach who submitted his resume turned us down at this point as well?

Holy cow.  :bang

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

the coaching search is becoming embarrassing ... to get turned down by a coach at VCU, Winthrop, maybe USA, and an assistant at UMass is a slap in the face for ANY major conference school

Agreed, I dont know where we turn>?  Whats up with Matt Doherty?  Anyone know if we are or why we are not contacting him?  

I mean we have to have more to offer than SMU and conference DOA, right?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Agreed, I dont know where we turn>?  Whats up with Matt Doherty?  Anyone know if we are or why we are not contacting him?  

I mean we have to have more to offer than SMU and conference DOA, right?

I heard Doherty in a radio interview this morning on the way into the office.  He was breaking down the matchups for tonight.

If we can't get this guy away from SMU, we're in a hopeless situation here.

Aye caramba.  :-/

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

There are articles on ESPN that say otherwise... Reports have it that Marshall is coming this weekend.

RT... an assistant at UMass?  Do you mean the HC?