• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF safety Williams arrested in Tampa

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Does USF have abnormally high rate of disciplinary problems such as this?  It seems like we lose someone every month or two.

Ridiculous.  I will be interested to see what exactly transpired.

In response to your post Griggsy, I don't believe that USF has any more disciplinary problems with their students/athletes than any other school.  

Are you sure about that?

I'm just taking a guess...but some schools (probably MOST) don't have 16 Football related arrests over the past 3 years.

Now...maybe a school has topped that number (FSU? South Carolina? Tennessee?), but I think MOST of the other 115 Div I-A programs don't.

These recent arrests are almost harmless compared to some of the past...but Leavitt (by order from someone above him) might "finally" start to bring down the hammer on these guys to send a message to the other players.

[smiley=loser.gif]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Does USF have abnormally high rate of disciplinary problems such as this?  It seems like we lose someone every month or two.

In response to your post Griggsy, I don't believe that USF has any more disciplinary problems with their students/athletes than any other school.  

Are you sure about that?

I'm just taking a guess...but some schools (probably MOST) don't have 16 Football related arrests over the past 3 years.

Now...maybe a school has topped that number (FSU? South Carolina? Tennessee?), but I think MOST of the other 115 Div I-A programs don't.

These recent arrests are almost harmless compared to some of the past...but Leavitt (by order from someone above him) might "finally" start to bring down the hammer on these guys to send a message to the other players.

usf shouldnt have had these problems and wouldnt have had usf recruited a better type kid

leavitt cant recruit the elite player so he must take what he can get and administration let's him get away with it

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Are you sure about that?

usf shouldnt have had these problems and wouldnt have had usf recruited a better type kid

leavitt cant recruit the elite player so he must take what he can get and administration let's him get away with it

didn't USC have a QB accused of **** a few seasons back? What about Reggie Bush taking money from agents?

I'm sure we can find a post or two where smazza was bemoaning the fact that Leavitt didn't land Stephen Garcia.   ::)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

Having a couple arrests here and there is normal.  It happens with these kids.  But, having 16 (or whatever) in three years, as the UCF Fan pointed out, is simply unacceptable.  There comes a time where it gets embarrassing and we start to get a bad reputation.  I believe that time was at least 5 arrests ago.

No need to worry, though.  We all know nothing will come out of this.  I'm tired of our administration accepting this behavior, all in the name of victories on the field.  It's a shame.

Having a couple arrests here and there is normal.  It happens with these kids.  But, having 16 (or whatever) in three years, as the UCF Fan pointed out, is simply unacceptable.  [highlight]There comes a time where it gets embarrassing and we start to get a bad reputation.  I believe that time was at least 5 arrests ago.[/highlight]

No need to worry, though.  We all know nothing will come out of this.  I'm tired of our administration accepting this behavior, all in the name of victories on the field.  It's a shame.

That's complete nonsense. The only ones who try to hang the bad reputation rap on us are your Kanigit brethren ... and they started that 15 arrests ago... if that 16 arrests is even accurate.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

Having a couple arrests here and there is normal.  It happens with these kids.  But, having 16 (or whatever) in three years, as the UCF Fan pointed out, is simply unacceptable.  [highlight]There comes a time where it gets embarrassing and we start to get a bad reputation.  I believe that time was at least 5 arrests ago.[/highlight]

That's complete nonsense. The only ones who try to hang the bad reputation rap on us are your Kanigit brethren ... and they started that 15 arrests ago... if that 16 arrests is even accurate.

Sorry, but if that number is even close to correct, combined with our inability to get recruits who can make the grades to get into college, gives the Knight fans all of the, justifiable, ammunition that they need.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

Who cares what the tinmen say.

USF will beat UCF in handcuffs and attached to a ball and chain.

Sorry, but if that number is even close to correct, combined with our inability to get recruits who can make the grades to get into college, [highlight]gives the Knight fans all of the, justifiable, ammunition that they need.[/highlight]

Exactly, "gives the Knight fans all of the, justifiable, ammunition that they need". Who gives a crap what those whiners think?? Nobody else gives a crap about this stuff because it goes on all over big time college football. Show me one reputable source outside of Orlando and Tampa that has given those supposed 16 arrests any kind of press at all.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The thing I would be most concerned with is how Leavitt will deal with the situation about being out that late.  It will be interesting to learn all the facts.  

Honestly, I don't see a whole lot wrong with Jenkins being out that late on his birthday and on a day off from football.  He's a fifth year senior I believe.  Does he even have classes on Fridays?  I knew a lot of people that did not have Friday classes as Seniors.  In my Senior year my roomate only needed a few credits to finish his degree and he only had classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays his last semester.

It will be interested to see what the cause of all the commotion was and why they did not leave.  There's got to be more to the story when out of 200 people reportedly involved, why were there only 3 that got arrested and 2 being football players.