• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Prado Speaks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Next time you guys are on the gousfbulls.com site check out the free audio on Press Pass.  It has about a five minute interview with Coach Lelo Prado about the upcoming conference games as well as the year to date progress.  If you've never heard Lelo talk, take the time to listen to it.  At times he's funny and brutally honest about the program, but he mentions that USF finishing 8th in baseball is unacceptable, and won't be accepted while he's here.

Post your thoughts afterwards.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

He kind of rips the players in a public forum. I hope he pumps them up when they do well. He is stuck with some of the roster for a couple of years. I like his high level of expectation. I have been to most of the games and he is correct when saying we go through lulls during games. We do have some good talent though, that was in place when he got here, but we are not a deeply talented team. I for one am very excited about the future of the program. Go bulls!

He kind of rips the players in a public forum. I hope he pumps them up when they do well. He is stuck with some of the roster for a couple of years. I like his high level of expectation. I have been to most of the games and he is correct when saying we go through lulls during games. We do have some good talent though, that was in place when he got here, but we are not a deeply talented team. I for one am very excited about the future of the program. Go bulls!

Yeah, he's very critical of LeRoy and Angelberger especially.  Our OF needs to hit more.  Put it this way, LeRoy was originally our two hitter if I recall.  Now he bats eighth or ninth in the order.  I do like our starting pitching though.  It seems we have four steady guys.

Friday-  Danny Otero

Saturday-  Daniel Thomas

Sunday-  Chris Delaney

Midweek-  Matt Quevedo

Next year we'll lose Otero, Taborelli, Higgins, and Cardieri.  I have faith Lelo will be able to replace these guys without missing a beat.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158

He kind of rips the players in a public forum. I hope he pumps them up when they do well.

It's OK, he rips us in private forums too. Oh, and to add to your list, there's a solid chance we'll lose D.Thomas to the draft as well.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477

The baseball team needs a decent stadium..

well be pretty cool when they get it.

The baseball team needs a decent stadium..

well be pretty cool when they get it.

We don't consistently fill the stadium we have.  A new baseball field would be nice, but that won't change the lack of a crowd much.  Winning will help, and I think that we're on the right track so far.

Guest 1Bullsfan

Before the season started, TBO wrote a great article about him. He said that his dream is to be in Omaha THIS year! I love a coach that sets the bar high and challenges his players to think and PLAY that high.

Off to a good start taking 2 of 3 from Pitt.

Before the season started, TBO wrote a great article about him. He said that his dream is to be in Omaha THIS year! I love a coach that sets the bar high and challenges his players to think and PLAY that high.

Off to a good start taking 2 of 3 from Pitt.

At least its in his sights.  Look on any baseball schedule and it shows the dates for the Big East tourney, the regionals, super regionals, and then the College World Series.  In the past, these dates were never even included on the baseball schedules.  It kind of tells you that the previous regime didn't plan on being in those meaningful games.