• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DickieV just upped the price for USF...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

usat_logo2.gif

Dickie V.'s top fives

Five coaches on the brink of being marquee names

•Billy Gillispie, Texas A&M

•John Thompson III, Georgetown

•Gregg Marshall, Winthrop

•Chris Lowery, Southern Illinois

•Todd Lickliter, Butler

But then, in the same article he says (again):  "Hey, South Florida is looking for a new coach. What about Pete Gillen? His knowledge of the Big East from his years at Providence would be key."

Link

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many more openings are there likely to be this week??  USF might be the highest profile school... if USF can pay the funds and commit to the facilities, then it might be able to land Marshall, Lickliter, or Lowery...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I agree.  We will have the most exposure being in the Big East.  

What about making a run at Mark Few?  He seems content at Gonzaga, but why not?  The Big West isn't exactly a great conference (it is solid though), and being on the East Coast only could heighten his coaching prowess.  Just a thought.  I know it would be hard to get him out of Spokane, but might as well bring him up.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Dicky V was a great coach at Detriot.....

lol

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

What about making a run at Mark Few?  He seems content at Gonzaga, but why not?  The Big West isn't exactly a great conference (it is solid though), and being on the East Coast only could heighten his coaching prowess.  Just a thought.  I know it would be hard to get him out of Spokane, but might as well bring him up.

Scratch Mark Few's name.  I didn't realize he's been at Gonzaga for 18 years.  The first 10 he was an assistant under Dan Monson.  Also, he recently signed an contract extension through 2016, so it seems he's at home in Spokane.  He went to Oregon so he's Pacific NW to the bone.  I guess I should have researched him before posting it.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477

Plus the guy has a zillion dollar shoe deal that USF would never get.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

Scratch Mark Few's name.  I didn't realize he's been at Gonzaga for 18 years.  The first 10 he was an assistant under Dan Monson.  Also, he recently signed an contract extension through 2016, so it seems he's at home in Spokane.  He went to Oregon so he's Pacific NW to the bone.  I guess I should have researched him before posting it.

It's alright that you jumped to that conclusion. What person wouldn't want to live in Tampa rather than Spokane? I know I wouldn't and I'm Pacific NW to the bone

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It's alright that you jumped to that conclusion. What person wouldn't want to live in Tampa rather than Spokane? I know I wouldn't and I'm Pacific NW to the bone

The answer to your question is Mark Few.  He'd rather be in the Pacific NW fly fishing.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Is it really worth the investment....for a sport with a small audience...it's unlikely to ever pay for itself..."Tampa's not a basketball town"...put the money into football and bring BE Titles and NC's to Fowler Ave...Dining Hall, OCS, more money for asst coaches and new uni's for the cheerleaders.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

The answer to your question is Mark Few.  He'd rather be in the Pacific NW fly fishing.

I posted that as more of a joke. The best class I ever took while at Eastern Washington U was White Water Rafting. Gonzaga was our rival but more of a UCF vs. USF rivalry. Their fans are the biggest pr!cks.