• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Streak will die after 10 seasons.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I have attended every Bulls home game ever played.  I've only been late/missed kickoffs to three games in 10 yrs - last Charleston Southern, 2005 Cincinatti, and 2006 Syracuse but I will be missing the Elon tune-up.  Two weeks from tomorrow I will be gainfully employed in the state of TX.  I'll be smack dab in the middle of TX college football and Big 12 country.  I will only see one or two USF homies in 2007 and hopefully Auburn.  Part of me is truly saddened and disappointed :P  :'(  It sux but at least I'm gonna get paid well finally.  Homes are a bit cheaper too so gonna expand the ole homestead too.  I am set to educate the Longhorns & Aggies.  Houston, UNT and Baylor already know.  If you mess with the Bulls, you'll get the horns.  Gonna give all the Baylor fans crap for not coming to Tampa too.  The new employer's manufacturing plant is halfway between Austin and Waco on I35.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1Bullsfan

BullDoug: Focus on the positive! It is YOUR job to share the proud, soon-to be GREAT football juggernaut called USF BULLS to the Lone Star State. By the end of the year, you might have a few converts in TX. You gotta BULLIEVE! Also, you might have to show the correct longhorns to the TX peeps.

See you in Auburn!  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Congrats on getting the new gig.  You'll adjust, I think.  I still miss being around Tampa for all the activities and camaraderie...but you have to do what you have to do.  Best of luck in the new job and the move out there Doug.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Best of luck--it's your job to teach the state of TX that  [smiley=GoBulls.gif] means GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Many on this board have been spreading the Bulls Gospel outside of the Bay Area.  My area was Atlanta up until a few months ago.  Good luck in Texas.

Quick side story about converting fans.  I was at a football party during last season and there were some gamblers having bad days on the early games.  As usual they were trying to 'catch up' on one game and I told them to throw it on USF.  They didn't know much about the team but decided to do it.  About five or six random people threw down on the Bulls versus UConn.  I think the spread was 6 or so.  By the time the Bulls spanked UConn that whole place was throwing up Bulls horns all around.  I think they won an estimated $2500 on a team that they didn't have a clue about four hours earlier.  It was great watching that game on TV with all of these fans cheering on the Bulls.  

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  213

As a former resident of Texas who lived in both places, let me assure you that you will want to spend much more of your time in Austin than in Waco. There's plenty of great stuff in Austin besides college sports -- I can't say the same for Waco.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  89

My dads middle name is Austin

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

BullDoug- Good luck converting the texans into loving the Bulls. Hope you make tons more cash cause it sucks missing the games. I had to do it this year and will have to again next season. Watching it on gameplan is much better than nothing at all, but the phone calls from your friends at the games gets old fast.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

On the bright side, Southwest flys to Austin, so you might find some relatively cheap flights.