• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time Frame For New Hire

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Haven't seen a thread on this yet (may just be overlooking it), but what can we expect as far as a time frame for the new hire?

I know Woolard will want to be methodical and patient about it, but every day we are w/o a coach hurts a little bit in recruiting, etc.

Are we talking 2 weeks, or as much as a whole month?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Depends on who the candidates are.  If they aren't in the tourney then it could be less than 2 weeks.

If they are in the tourney and advance beyond this weekend then it may be as much as a month.

No coach worth hiring is going to ignore tourney preparation in order to entertain a job.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Depends on who the candidates are.  If they aren't in the tourney then it could be less than 2 weeks.

If they are in the tourney and advance beyond this weekend then it may be as much as a month.

No coach worth hiring is going to ignore tourney preparation in order to entertain a job.

Yeah, that's along the same lines I was thinking.

Fortunately, I suppose there are several good coaches whose teams did not make the tournament this year.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The timing of this is pretty bad... as far as recruiting goes.  There is very little chance now to get any depth behind Kentrell.  Late Signing period is sneaking up on us, and we have no coach.  If we are waiting for someone to finish the NCAA tournament, which is likely, we are seriously limiting the chance of filling our depth problem at PF & C.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
The timing of this is pretty bad... as far as recruiting goes.  There is very little chance now to get any depth behind Kentrell.  Late Signing period is sneaking up on us, and we have no coach.  If we are waiting for someone to finish the NCAA tournament, which is likely, we are seriously limiting the chance of filling our depth problem at PF & C.

Which is why I was so concerned about Woolard waiting for that week or so after the season.

I got in trouble on this board for suggesting that might not be the smartest thing to do, but alas...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Which is why I was so concerned about Woolard waiting for that week or so after the season.

I got in trouble on this board for suggesting that might not be the smartest thing to do, but alas...

Even if RMC were fired earlier, we would still likely have to wait for candidates to finish their seasons.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Really, this is nothing unusual in college basketball.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Players follow coaches all the time.  We just need to hire a coach and have him bring in some of his players.  That isn't asking too much is it?   :-/

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

But don't you want Big East talent?  If we hire a CAA head coach, and he brings along some of his signed recruits... you now have CAA talent ;)

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

I think we should hire smazza as our new coach.....but that is just me.