• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What about hiring Wright St's coach??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I dunno, I would love to go after Brownell, but I think he'll be a hard get.

We'd definitly need some upgrades facility wise. Wright State just built some pretty bad ass basketball practice/offices.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Bottom line, we need someone who can fill seats.

I don't think you're going to find a coach out there who is sufficiently going to fill seats by name alone. Winning will do that though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I don't mean to be brash, but what I am hoping for is a known proven winner.  It's just like Christmas...I'll sit here and hope we have a Jim Calhoun under the tree when I know it is likely a Brad Brownell or similar.  

We talk about marketing.  You can kill two birds with one stone by bringing in a guy that the Tampa Bay community can identify with.  My opinion at least.

I'd like to see the seats filled before we win 26 games.  Let's not hinge the fan support that we desperately need on winning alone - that means the lack of community support may well extend another two or three years.  I hope we can make a move that makes a statement that we are for real and get your butts to the Dome for the new BasketBulls.  Be a part of a committed rebuilding with a commited and proven coach.

I love Christmas...

I love Christmas too .... but I have an easier time believing that there really is a Santa Claus than to believe that there is anybody available out there that the Tampa Bay community will identify with and cause them to fill seats at the Dome before the winning occurs. I'm just hoping they fill the seats when we do start winning. The initial buzz will HAVE to come from the students...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

I love Christmas too .... but I have an easier time believing that there really is a Santa Claus than to believe that there is anybody available out there that the Tampa Bay community will identify with and cause them to fill seats at the Dome before the winning occurs. I'm just hoping they fill the seats when we do start winning. The initial buzz will HAVE to come from the students...

Sadly, I must agree...but still we must charge on!  How about Tony Dungy as HC?   ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Sadly, I must agree...but still we must charge on!  How about Tony Dungy as HC?   ;D

Forgot about him...Ok, there are two coaches capable, TD and Norman Dale.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I don't mean to be brash, but what I am hoping for is a known proven winner.  It's just like Christmas...I'll sit here and hope we have a Jim Calhoun under the tree when I know it is likely a Brad Brownell or similar.  

We talk about marketing.  You can kill two birds with one stone by bringing in a guy that the Tampa Bay community can identify with.  My opinion at least.

I'd like to see the seats filled before we win 26 games.  Let's not hinge the fan support that we desperately need on winning alone - that means the lack of community support may well extend another two or three years.  I hope we can make a move that makes a statement that we are for real and get your butts to the Dome for the new BasketBulls.  Be a part of a committed rebuilding with a commited and proven coach.

I love Christmas...

dream on brother!

our biggest problem is $$$

so a lower midmajor or assit and ave program is in the offing.

hope we do better but...