• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

What I would like to see happen from USF BasketBULL fans is a large increase in season tix.

Show the AD you want to make USF a basketball power.

And increase their budget to land a "top" coach. Fans have so much power to change things in a positive way.

I agree completely. Ultimatly, I'd like to see them land someone who can inject some excitement much like Lelo Prado has done to this point (granted that is a very small sampling).

I also think (hope) that Robert McCullum's impact will be seen on this basketball program for some time in the likes of Chris Howard, Solomon Bozeman and Amu Sakka. If this team turns the corner I hope everyone acknowledges how much the players McCullum brought in will have had to do with that.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

I, Herman Momart sign my Herbie Hancock on that document as well.  

But it is only for a season or two you said.  If we only have 4 conference wins going into the 3rd season, heads may start rolling again.  Just giving you fair warning.  

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

I JEWBULL, will give our new coach 2 seasons to get us to the BE Tourney and make us a respectable program in college basketball. At approx 800K per yr, if it is not accomplished, his head will be called for, because losing is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

Guest Ari_HinkelbergerIV

I Ari_Hinkelberger, Joementum, JoeBulls, Frank_The_Tank, Ari_HinkelbergerIV, do hereby solemnly swear to support and defend the new USF Basketball coach as hired by Director of Athletics, Doug Woolard.

While I may feel I know more about basketball, USF and its finances than anyone else, I promise to set aside my know-it-all attitude to adopt a "let's at least wait and see, perhaps even let a season or two play" approach before I resort to heckling, insulting and embarassing my university, its coaches, administrators, players and fans.

If I find myself unable to maintian this agreed upon decorum, I shall remain silent, never breaking this promise until the conclusion of the second season, longer if bribed.

Signed and executed on March 9, 2007.

Coridally,

Ari_Hinkelberger, Joementum, JoeBulls, Frank_The_Tank, Ari_HinkelbergerIV

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

I JEWBULL, will give our new coach 2 seasons to get us to the BE Tourney and make us a respectable program in college basketball. At approx 800K per yr, if it is not accomplished, his head will be called for, because losing is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

I flsportsfan83, will give our new coach 2 seasons to get us to the BE Tourney and make us a respectable program in college basketball. At approx 800K per yr, if it is not accomplished, his head will be called for, because losing is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

No, that's the point of the pledge, even though I was trying to make it funny (clearly with only little success).

Dare I say none of us know what DW and his reports know?  It is easy to speculate and to criticize, etc.  But when you have a person in charge of making the decision, it is best to wait and see if it was a good decision rather than to trash it up front.

We could throw any name out there and there would be pros and cons.  That is fine.  I would just like those that tend to resort to being a-holes hold off and let at least the first season play before making off-colored or insulting remarks.  It's not too much to ask, really.

I honestly don't think there will be much of a problem for, at least, a couple of years. There are three factions in play here. The darksiders whose euphoria should last for a while. There are the good guys, who have the faith that DW knows what he's doing and will do the best he possibly can within whatever limitations we have .... And then there's the third faction, who, if it's anyone less prestigious than Dean Smith, will call for "Wollard's" head.   ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i couldnt in good conscience make that pledge because i may not agree with the hire

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i sign