• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Season is over..... Time to let your feelings

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

sarcasim

Computer software?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

sarcasim

Computer software?

I think disease

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Like a farmer that prepares his fields with his oxen and rants over the success of his neighbor farmer who is yielding 10X the crop each and every year, we need to make a decision.  Do we get new oxen or do we find a way to get one of those "Dear John" mechanical contraptions.

I believe USF should make a change if, and only if, the financial backing to make the full committment to the program is there.  If DW can not emerge from his meeting and declare a new era in USF hoops that can be supported financially (without detracting from other ongoing operations and other programs), we are not ready to make that committment.

Until such time as that committment can be made, we need to rely on the current oxen.  I am not in favor of change for the sake of change - to disrupt what is underway - or to take longshot odds of making it happen faster with the "young coach du jour"; or to simply go get new oxen with no true ability to put that yoke on and drag the whole program with them.  

As I have said, I do not believe a simple coaching change will turn around the history of this program.  It is unwise to assume so.  This would only lead to the hyenas starting a "Fire <insert name>" campaign in 1.5 years.  Do we really want to perpetuate this cycle?

In all sincerity, I hope we have the wherewithall to make a change.  If not, then things remain as they are and I support the continued efforts McCullum will put forward.  Despite the losses, I have seen many good things out of McCullum and I have seen him overcome some staggering difficulties.  Regardless of what some say, he has turned parts of the program around.  He needs to start earning the Ws.  He may in fact benefit from USF's underspending in Basketball and have another year - I don't know.   DW is the man that knows the books.  

So that none of the "more dense" crowd (you know who you are) confuse this commentary with fence-sitting, I will encourage you to read the entire post again, especially the the opening sentence on the paragraph above.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Like a farmer that prepares his fields with his oxen and rants over the success of his neighbor farmer who is yielding 10X the crop each and every year, we need to make a decision.  Do we get new oxen or do we find a way to get one of those "Dear John" mechanical contraptions.

I believe USF should make a change if, and only if, the financial backing to make the full committment to the program is there.  If DW can not emerge from his meeting and declare a new era in USF hoops that can be supported financially (without detracting from other ongoing operations and other programs), we are not ready to make that committment.

Until such time as that committment can be made, we need to rely on the current oxen.  I am not in favor of change for the sake of change - to disrupt what is underway - or to take longshot odds of making it happen faster with the "young coach du jour"; or to simply go get new oxen with no true ability to put that yoke on and drag the whole program with them.  

As I have said, I do not believe a simple coaching change will turn around the history of this program.  It is unwise to assume so.  This would only lead to the hyenas starting a "Fire <insert name>" campaign in 1.5 years.  Do we really want to perpetuate this cycle?

In all sincerity, I hope we have the wherewithall to make a change.  If not, then things remain as they are and I support the continued efforts McCullum will put forward.  Despite the losses, I have seen many good things out of McCullum and I have seen him overcome some staggering difficulties.  Regardless of what some say, he has turned parts of the program around.  He needs to start earning the Ws.  He may in fact benefit from USF's underspending in Basketball and have another year - I don't know.   DW is the man that knows the books.  

So that none of the "more dense" crowd (you know who you are) confuse this commentary with fence-sitting, I will encourage you to read the entire post again, especially the the opening sentence on the paragraph above.  

I can say that I see where you are coming from, I just find it hard to believe that even with our history it is hard to recruit good players from around the country to play BIG EAST Basketball in FLORIDA. I think that coach has failed as a recruiter. I hope we say we want to win in basketball. The move to the big east was supose to bring in dollars. Where are those dollars going? I just feel that there have to be tons of coaches that want to coach in the Big East. Do I think we can be a winning basketball program with CRM? NO. He may be a decent coach but he is in over his head. Leeroy should have never given a coach who had coached 3 years at WMU (2 losing seasons I believe) a 6 year contract. This has hurt the program. Hopefully the money is there to go in a new direction. I JUST WANT TO WIN.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

With respect to people believing that a person can not win at USF, or a coach can't recruit at USF, or the notion that USF is a graveyard of future coaches.....

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed, in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a wide-spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensibleâ€Â

Bertrand Russell

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

Those dollars are going for football. it is football that will elevate our other sports in time. till then our other programs will struggle for the money

How does 6 years become so bad?  

I guarantee you the next coach will have at least 5 years.  And it won't be at a paltry $200/year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

do we get any part of the Big East tv contract? I know a big portion of that was due to basketball. No increase in funds there? I agree dont take money from football. Take funds from every other sport though. Mens Basketball and Football are the only real sports in the NCAA that are most likely to generate cash.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

With respect to people believing that a person can not win at USF, or a coach can't recruit at USF, or the notion that USF is a graveyard of future coaches.....

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; [highlight]indeed, in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a wide-spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensibleâ€Â[/highlight]

Bertrand Russell

Ah, so THAT explains this poll:

Fire Mac    49 (66.2%)

Keep Mac  25 (33.7%)

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed, in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a wide-spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible”

Bertrand Russell

JoeBulls,

While I appreciate your attempt.  What you are referrign to as opinion has become proven fact.  but that thanks for the quote.

"The correct action is not to deny the problem, but to find ways to overcome it."

Brad Meyer