• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Advice for Mr. Woolard

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

The anticipation is killing me.

I just hope he sticks by what he said - 'significant improvement'.

It's not like we're winning our ooc games and just getting beaten up in the BE. If that were the case, I think the decision would be tougher.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I guess some of you are content  with getting D's & F's in college.

"But Johnny is a nice boy, and he is turning the corner.  Give him another year and maybe he will do good."

In my book, D's & F's gets you kicked out of school.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

For some reason I feel like DW doesn't want to build a reputation of "hiring & firing." If that is the case I tend to agree with DW because you don't want to be a university where coaches become expendable.

1 more year will solidify his fate.

Well, he didnt hire him, so really he is just firing the worst contract ever given to any coach by our previous AD.  Who gives a 6 year contract to an unproven 3 year coach who had losing seasons 2of the 3 years he coached in a sub par conference?  But hey it was done, no looking back.  But the question remains, what will it take to realize this isnt working.  Do we need to lose every game.    

This could be a landmak move in DWs career at usf.  

Some say we cant afford to get rid of him, I say we cant afford to keep him.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136

They are playing horrible.  I can't even watch this Fn game anymore.  Just fire McCullum and get it over with.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

yes our youth comes back I agree, although we do lose to solid players in buck and mchugh.

Losing McHugh is a tougher loss than losing Buckley since we do not have much depth at his position. I wasn't very impressed with Buckley this season. McHugh was very turnover prone, but the guy always played his heart out.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I really think DW is going to give MAC one more year. Do I agree with this? HMMM...The way I see it, he has one year to really destroy the program then no one will make excuses for him, DW will feel justified in firing him. For some reason I feel like DW doesn't want to build a reputation of "hiring & firing." If that is the case I tend to agree with DW because you don't want to be a university where coaches become expendable.

On the flip side though the reality is that coach MAC has been here for a good bit of time and has produced NOTHING in the way of wins. He has built a program of integrity, which I commend him for.

I guess the question I keep asking myself is, "What is one more year?" I felt like he should have been gone before this year in order for someone to step in and turn the program around but since then he has dug a deaper hole and I don't believe it makes any difference at this point.

no he has not dug "the program" a deeper hole, 5 reasons

1. the talent pool will be better than last year (cupboard not empty or full of spoiled goods)

2. his buyout is smaller

3. attendence was up

4. we had no scandals in the bball program

5. DW will have more time to find the "right" coach for our situation. (not a top 50 job in hoops)

One more year may be critical to moving USF forward LONG TERM.

DW will have maintained the image of a patient AD that will gives his coach time to turn this program around, also with one more year of BE $$$ we can start the upgrades in Bball and add more resources for salaries as well.This will help us attract better pool of coaching talent. This is my opinion.

I guess some of you are content  with getting D's & F's in college.

"But Johnny is a nice boy, and he is turning the corner.  Give him another year and maybe he will do good."

In my book, D's & F's gets you kicked out of school.

right...throw johnny under the bus

he got F's last year and D's and a few C's this year his second in a new top of the line school. his study habits are better and he no longer spending long periods in the hospital injured.

unlike AL we don't have the $$$ or the tradition to hire a nick saban of bball

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I really think DW is going to give MAC one more year. Do I agree with this? HMMM...The way I see it, he has one year to really destroy the program then no one will make excuses for him, DW will feel justified in firing him. For some reason I feel like DW doesn't want to build a reputation of "hiring & firing." If that is the case I tend to agree with DW because you don't want to be a university where coaches become expendable.

On the flip side though the reality is that coach MAC has been here for a good bit of time and has produced NOTHING in the way of wins. He has built a program of integrity, which I commend him for.

I guess the question I keep asking myself is, "What is one more year?" I felt like he should have been gone before this year in order for someone to step in and turn the program around but since then he has dug a deaper hole and I don't believe it makes any difference at this point.

no he has not dug "the program" a deeper hole, 5 reasons

1. the talent pool will be better than last year (cupboard not empty or full of spoiled goods)

2. his buyout is smaller

3. attendence was up

4. we had no scandals in the bball program

5. DW will have more time to find the "right" coach for our situation. (not a top 50 job in hoops)

One more year may be critical to moving USF forward LONG TERM.

DW will have maintained the image of a patient AD that will gives his coach time to turn this program around, also with one more year of BE $$$ we can start the upgrades in Bball and add more resources for salaries as well.This will help us attract better pool of coaching talent. This is my opinion.

Excellent points, 96. Maybe a fresh voice saying will help it sink in more...  ;)

Although I'm not sure if #3 is accurate, though

They are playing horrible.  I can't even watch this Fn game anymore.  Just fire McCullum and get it over with.

did i hear this right senior Buckley 17pts per game was scoreless...lets blame that one on mac as well.