• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Self Concept Theory (For the MAC supporters)

Guest wildrover

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Lower Prices for uper level seats.... Make the 3rd deck $5.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Lower Prices for uper level seats.... Make the 3rd deck $5.

You don't establish a fan base here by basically giving away tix. Only way to do that is winning.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Raise donation levels like Ku did ?  Too funny.  You can barley get people to buy tickets now.  KU has a winning tradition and sells tickets.  You will really chase away what remaining fan base you have if you try to raise donation levels for seats in an already empty Sun Dome.

sorry dabull but we live in a capitalist society and those willing to pay a higher price deserve the best seats.

How come I can't get the same seats as older alums even though I donate multiple times as much?

There is no incentive to donate more.

In fact I could donate much less and still have my same seats and I'm strongly considering this because I don't see me ever getting 1st level seats. Why pay for something if I can't get it?

I'm not saying anyone has to increase their donation, only that the highest donors get the best seats.

This is how it works in our country.

Seating should be reset every 5 years based on how much you donate.

Otherwise there is never an incentive to donate more. I basically have to wait for the older alums to give their seats up or die. Why bother donating more??

That was my point. The crowds wouldn't be any smaller.

Otherwise there is never an incentive to donate more. I basically have to wait for the older alums to give their seats up or die. [highlight]Why bother donating more??[/highlight]

To help out the university? I do understand where you're coming from but if you can afford it, why not up the donation to help out the programs?

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Sorry, I wasn't clearer. I was basically talking about that from a longevity stand point... Although, you've been quite vocal in the past about witholding donations until Mac is gone.

I buy tickets to every home game; I think that puts my in the top 1% of supporters.

As far as donations, I cannot justify throwing money at a program that has ZERO committment to winning...I had my checkbood ready last year while the Huggy discussions were happening.

Otherwise there is never an incentive to donate more. I basically have to wait for the older alums to give their seats up or die. [highlight]Why bother donating more??[/highlight]

To help out the university? I do understand where you're coming from but if you can afford it, why not up the donation to help out the programs?

That's not the good old American way.

That's why they base seating priorities on donation levels to begin with. They want to give you an incentive to donate more.

Give me an incentive to donate more and I will. Don't expect me to do it out of the kindness of my heart.

I buy tickets to every home game; I think that puts my in the top 1% of supporters.

I think the 1% is correct but it would be the bottom 1%, not top.

As far as donations, I cannot justify throwing money at a program that has ZERO committment to winning...I had my checkbood ready last year while the Huggy discussions were happening.

And that's basically all that I said. Others, on both sides, have a lot more invested financially in the program...

why don't those older alums donate more for the good of the university? It's because they don't have to.

They can make their same donation and continue getting the best seats. No incentive to up the ante.

why don't those older alums donate more for the good of the university? It's because they don't have to.

They can make their same donation and continue getting the best seats. No incentive to up the ante.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of older alums/big boosters who give over and above the minimum requirements for whatever seating you're talking about. If they didn't, we'd be in an even worse place financially than we are, relative to other programs in our conference.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

Me, personally. I don't like to hide my thoughts on any subject matter. That is why I joined this board in the 1st place. To voice my thoughts about the university athletic programs I hold near and dear to me.

At times I'm drinking major KOOL-AID, like stating, 'If we beat Auburn it will  be the catalyst to a NC game."

At other times I'm discouarged and I voice my opinions about recruiting and players being "let go."

Sometimes I'm stuck in the middle, such as the coach MAC issue but I still offer my opinion.

The only thing I find ODD is when people don't have an opinion on this board or stop debating what they believe to be true or refuse to comment, like they are some politician ::). IT MAKES ZERO SENSE, yet those people reserve the right to do as they choose. Doesn't effect my opinion one way or the other.

Anyone can crucify me for my thoughts, I don't care. It's to be expected, the truth hurts people. People don't like to admit when something is wrong. People like to pretend things are all good when they are not.

If you have something to say about USF athletics, SAY IT! Don't feel intimidated by some of the BULLies on this board. These are grown ass men trying to make you feel ashamed for what you state, like your LESS of a fan for you comments. GIVE ME A BREAK. GET REAL. GET A LIFE! >:(