• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is CJF's status with Florida now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

Would a program like Florida and an AD like Foley take a guy that whose team is in an abvious slump now?

My point being that he is not as "hot" of a commodity as he was a week and a half ago.

Either way, he's gone if someone else will pay him more.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

You're are totally nuts.

Do you remember the Jerry Ann Winters Days?

What he has done is borderline historic.

He recruits his pants off.  

Took his team to the tourny - with pathetic facilities.

Heck -- when he first started - the women's team played most of their games in the corral..

The guy is the best coach at USF -- hands down.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I think Foley would forgive a 5 game losing streak, seeing as he... you know, turned the entire freaking program around.

I never cease to be amazed at people who lose sight of the big picture.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44

You're are totally nuts.

Do you remember the Jerry Ann Winters Days?

What he has done is borderline historic.

He recruits his pants off.  

Took his team to the tourny - with pathetic facilities.

Heck -- when he first started - the women's team played most of their games in the corral..

The guy is the best coach at USF -- hands down.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember addressing his recruiting or what he has done as a whole.

I somewhat agree that he is the best coach here, but there is room to argue for Prado (2 collegiate national championships), Erickson and Leavitt.

Like it or not, CJF is just not as hot of a coach RIGHT NOW.  Not on the BIG PICTURE level.

He's improved the program by leaps and bounds.  But, Foley has a history of ONLY hiring "family" guys.  I believe that CJF has a family, but is single.  Sounds stupid, but this is a big deal to Foley.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

But, Foley has a history of ONLY hiring "family" guys.  I believe that CJF has a family, but is single.  Sounds stupid, but this is a big deal to Foley.

I think, to even further elaborate on the whole "family" thing with Foley, he looks to hire inbreds ..... They have a better chance of bonding with the UF fans.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I think Foley would forgive a 5 game losing streak, seeing as he... you know, turned the entire freaking program around.

I never cease to be amazed at people who lose sight of the big picture.

Why would Foley do that if he doesn't have to?  He's got the money to get their very best, and the rumored coaches are all coaches that have made Final Four appearances as of late, Mich St coach, and Baylor coach.  Foley doesn't need to go for Jose, he might see the potential, but if he doesn't make the NCAA tournament this year you can pretty much drop Jose's name off the UF list, not that he was ever on it.  That's not to say another big pocketed school might not still buy him away, but Foley can have whomever he wants just short of Pat Summitt, and Aueremma.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You act like Jose isn't the best.

There is plenty of argument to make that Jose is one heck of a coach..

Yes, he is one heck of a coach and he has done wonders for the program, but you have to remember that it is much easier to build a program very quickly in the women's game. There are only a handful or so teams each year that are serious National Title contenders. This was supposed to be a year where this team was supposed to take the next step and I think it's safe to say that we're stuck on the same step as last season.

I do think Coach Fernandez will be here next season and we will certainly see how good of a coach he is because we lose a good deal of our players, including the best women's player we have ever seen at USF.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

It is not easier to build a women's program...

Where did you garner that fact.?

This team plays in a conference with Uconn and Rutgers.  

THe team has also played one of the toughest schedules in the country.

They have underperformed a little bit - but he has built one heck of a program.