• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bull on the sidelines?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Anybody hear anything on if we will in fact have the brahma bull on the sidelines.  I havent heard anything on this in a long time.  I feel like the idea was probably nixed by our athletic dept or the glazers or else they would be talking about it.  There doesnt seem to be a lot of room on the sidelines for this.  Does anybody have an update on this?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I have been wondering the same thing.

I told my friend (who owns his own cattle ranch with a lot of BIG bulls) about this possibility, and he thought it was totally cool.  

He was almost killed by one of his Bulls a few months ago.  Dude came charging hard after him, but he was able to leap the fence just in time.  But a well-trained, socialized bull like they were talking about wouldn't be a problem.

I hope they are still planning on this.  Live mascots are sweet.   [smiley=cowsleep.gif]

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I emailed Brett about this a while back and he said he hadn't heard anything yet, but would update if he did

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

God this would be absolutely AWESOME!  I hope they haven't just dropped this idea.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Regardless, I have to believe the Glazers would nix this.

Yet another perk of playing at a stadium you do not own.   ::)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Maybe USF wants this to be a suprise for next season. If they do have the live bull, I believe they would keep it in a cage to make sure nothing gets out of hand. The Glasers wouldnt have a problem with having the live bull if it is kept off the field.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

...brahma ...

Might not be a Brahma . . . seems that the last 2 years have moved away from the Brahma and the "traditional" looking Bull.

Either way, this should make this thread get longer.  ;)

[smiley=GoBulls.gif]

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12

I think if it does happen it will be something where the bull runs out before the game and then is kept in a cage or is just taken off the field all together.  I just dont see the Glazers approving this and I would imagine there would be some hefty insurance costs.  It would be amazing if it happened.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Maybe USF wants this to be a suprise for next season. If they do have the live bull, I believe they would keep it in a cage to make sure nothing gets out of hand. The Glasers wouldnt have a problem with having the live bull if it is kept off the field.

Are we talking about the same Glazers????

They have a problem with anything that doesn't profit them in some way.

They are tyrants, and we need to break free from their garbage ASAP.

Perfect example is back when Malcolm purchased the Bucs.  Come on....you all remember that joke of a press conference...

"It's a new day in Tampa Bay!!!"

He must have droned that cheesy line 17 times in that completely untrustworthy monotone of his.  Next thing you know, they're threatening to move the team if the community didn't bend over backwards to build them a stadium that lines their own pockets.

Tyrants, I tell you.  Track record says so.  And they will continue to give USF the shaft as long as we're content to put up with it.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

I would just love for us to have a live mascot!