• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scout.com Snubs USF =/

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557818.html

Come on...I could understand if they said "Southern Florida" or "Sioux Falls", but how the hell do you confuse Florida (F) with Carolina (C)?!?!?!

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

What a bunch of yahoo's.  Now see why ratings don't matter, you have people sitting behind computers that can't check their work rating players four or five stars.  And Smazza is always touting we need four and five star players.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

What matters is that we are getting 4 and 5 star players on the scale that matters... the Leavitt scale.  Go after the kids you want, not the kids other people say you should want.  If we got 21 of 25 kids that we wanted... we did well.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

CFN is almost their own entity, but where's the USF love? I sent them a message, and got it taken care of...

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

thanks!

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

Velcro, yes USF got 21 out of 25 kids they wanted but do you think for one second they would not change places with any of the schools in the top 10.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

i saw this the other week but didnt think much of it... we'll eventually get to the point where this stuff wont happen, along with "who?  university of who?  is that the gators?"  i hear it all the time.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

What matters is that we are getting 4 and 5 star players on the scale that matters... the Leavitt scale.  Go after the kids you want, not the kids other people say you should want.  If we got 21 of 25 kids that we wanted... we did well.

some scale

usf doesnt compete for a big east title

losses to kansas and cinncy

and finished 4th in big east

i follow  the scale used by  usc,lsu,osu and gators  

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260

I think that the measuring point is a good one by smazza. We should be measuring ourselves against the elite level programs given the talent we have sitting in our backyard. My only disagreement would be that it may not be the most accurate measuring stick this year. Once we've been in the Big East for a full class (4 years), there is no reason for us to lag behind in recruiting on any scale. While we shouldn't be pre-occuppied with the "star" system, it is a decent baseline to tell us where we stand. I think it would be agreed that our 2-3 star recruiting classes of today are much better than the guys we were not rated at all 7 years ago.

So if CJL and the staff can get a bowl team out of a bunch of 2-3 star rated recruits we got when we were in CUSA, I can only imagine that he'll have that much more success when we regularly bring in the 4-5 star recruit as regular contenders.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think that the measuring point is a good one by smazza. We should be measuring ourselves against the elite level programs given the talent we have sitting in our backyard. My only disagreement would be that it may not be the most accurate measuring stick this year. Once we've been in the Big East for a full class (4 years), there is no reason for us to lag behind in recruiting on any scale. While we shouldn't be pre-occuppied with the "star" system, it is a decent baseline to tell us where we stand. I think it would be agreed that our 2-3 star recruiting classes of today are much better than the guys we were not rated at all 7 years ago.

So if CJL and the staff can get a bowl team out of a bunch of 2-3 star rated recruits we got when we were in CUSA, I can only imagine that he'll have that much more success when we regularly bring in the 4-5 star recruit as regular contenders.

before you know it we will have been in big east 4 full years and we will see where we stand