• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Huggins 18-7 at Kansas State - Glad we kept MAC

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

What has been UF's attendence over the past 10-15 years?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
I love how people around here have absolutely no comprehension of USF athletics financials.  We never would have had Huggy, so there's no comparison here.  Get realistic.  I know, I'm asking too much.

I don't expect much from a guy that lives in Detroit and works for Ford, but spare us the whining about money. Do you really think that money made the deal impossible??

Trip - I wish we were in the position to complain that our coach usually loses in the second round of the Big Dance. I find it hilarious that you think CRM will do better.

Rueb

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Ari,  One question:  Does it matter to you that a coach's personal life is bottom of the barrel?

Huggins is the worst of the worst off the court.  USF will not hire his kind, no matter how many W's he might bring.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

Trip - I wish we were in the position to complain that our coach usually loses in the second round of the Big Dance. I find it hilarious that you think CRM will do better.

Rueb

It was one of you guy(s) that used to harp on setting your goals too low. I think the goal of going home after the first weekend of the NCAA Tourney is a goal set too low and that appears to be Huggy's ceiling based on past performance. I don't know that CRM will do better but if he can't do it, get in someone who hasn't proven they CAN'T get a program to the very top.... like Florida did with Donovan.

What has been UF's attendence over the past 10-15 years?

Why don't you check that out and get back to us... and then try to fit that situation into THIS conversation.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
 Does it matter to you that a coach's personal life is bottom of the barrel?

Huggins is the worst of the worst off the court.  USF will not hire his kind, no matter how many W's he might bring.

The worst of the worst?

The guy got pulled over drunk ONCE! Not twice or three times, just once. One bad decision.  

What else has he done off the court that makes him "the worst of the worst"?

Just win baby,

Rueb

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Rueb

It was one of you guy(s) that used to harp on setting your goals too low. I think the goal of going home after the first weekend of the NCAA Tourney is a goal set too low and that appears to be Huggy's ceiling based on past performance. I don't know that CRM will do better but if he can't do it, get in someone who hasn't proven they CAN'T get a program to the very top.... like Florida did with Donovan.

Trip- Yes, I harp on setting goals too low; but if you think that USF going to the NCAA tourney every year is too low of a goal, I think you need to have your head examined. I'll be just fine with a final four appearance and consistent NCAA tourney births over the next 10 yrs.

I like Billy Donovan; he is proof that there is no excuse to have such a terrible bb program in the state of FL.

Rueb

Trip- Yes, I harp on setting goals too low; but if you think that USF going to the NCAA tourney every year is too low of a goal, I think you need to have your head examined. I'll be just fine with a final four appearance and consistent NCAA tourney births over the next 10 yrs.

If the situation had been conducive I wouldn't have been terribly averse to settling for Huggins but I would prefer someone with more of an upside if CRM doesn't pan out...

I like Billy Donovan; he is proof that there is no excuse to have such a terrible bb program in the state of FL.

From a purely geographical point of view, I can't argue with that statement.