• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Huggins 18-7 at Kansas State - Glad we kept MAC

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Huggins would have come here and if woolard would have open the door.

Money wouldn't have prevented it.  He wanted to coach in the Big East.

Are you telling me money would have sent him to Manhattan Kansas over Tampa Florida and the big east.

Its you guys that don't get it.

Kansas State before Huggins 15-13 and 6-10 in conference.

Kansas State after Huggins 18-7 and 7-3 in conference.

I guess that is why the guy is a Hall of Famer.

What a huge oppurtunity missed.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Wins over Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, USC, Nebraska, Iowa State, Cal,

Lost by 4 to Texas AM...

What a joke that we didn't hire this guy.

All the guy does is win basketball games and build top notch programs.

Total bone headed move.

Kansas State was awful before he got there.  18-7..

[highlight]Now wonder this guy is one of the winningest coaches in College Basbetall History..[/highlight]

And also the biggest underachiever in college basketball history...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Wins over Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, USC, Nebraska, Iowa State, Cal,

Lost by 4 to Texas AM...

What a joke that we didn't hire this guy.

All the guy does is win basketball games and build top notch programs.

Total bone headed move.

Kansas State was awful before he got there.  18-7..

Now wonder this guy is one of the winningest coaches in College Basbetall History..

I'm glad you brought this up.  I was planning on bringing up his success and comparing it to Mac.  I can't believe we didn't take up the opportunity to get him in here.  It would have been instant success for us, and it definitely would have put us up on the map.  Typical USF-- I guess we'll never catch a break  ::)

usf athletics needs  a new direction

how bad was usf baseball before a change was made?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Huggins would have come here and if woolard would have open the door.

Money wouldn't have prevented it.  He wanted to coach in the Big East.

Are you telling me money would have sent him to Manhattan Kansas over Tampa Florida and the big east.

Its you guys that don't get it.

Kansas State before Huggins 15-13 and 6-10 in conference.

Kansas State after Huggins 18-7 and 7-3 in conference.

I guess that is why the guy is a Hall of Famer.

What a huge oppurtunity missed.

usf needs to hire a real coach

look at the schools that have top programs?butler and sothern illinois

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Uh, yeah.  Huggins is getting almost $1mil from Kansas State (plus two cars, golf memberships, et al).  Do you think that a basketball program that averages 3,500 in attendence can afford that salary?

Get a clue.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

its true, he would year in and year out lose in the first round of the tourny, with all the talent he had there, that to me is underachieving.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Get a clue huh?

How about season ticket sales have almost tripled.

They had a turnout of over 10,000 for MIDNIGHT MADNESS!!

They just got a 2.5 million dollar shoe deal from Nike..

They are 18-7.  7-3 in conference play and probably headed to the NCAA tourny for the first time in 17 centuries.

He is in the process of possibly signing the NUMBER ONE RECRUITING CLASS IN THE COUNTRY BRO!

What planet do you live on?

You are the moron my friend..

-----

courtesy of Wikipedia..

After spending a year out of the coaching profession, on March 23, 2006, Huggins accepted the head coaching job at Kansas State University [6], replacing the fired Jim Wooldridge and creating an immediate buzz in the state of Kansas, the Big 12, and the nation. Since taking the KSU job, Huggins has generally improved basketball recruiting at the school. His initial recruiting class featured 7-foot-3, 265-pound center from Jacksonville, Florida, Jason Bennett. Bennett was a consensus top-50 player for the 2006 recruiting class.[7] The class also featured Blake Young, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound shooting guard, and Luis Colon, a 6-foot-10, 260-pound center/power forward. Finally, on October 25, 2006, the Kansas City Star reported that Bill Walker, a highly touted recruit for the 2007 class, had enrolled at Kansas State after completing his entrance requirements a year early, and would join the 2006 class.[8] Walker was eligible to play in K-State's home game against Kennesaw State on December 17, 2006, but following a torn ACL during the Wildcats' game with the Texas A&M Aggies, Walker has had to sit out the remainder of the season.

On June 23, 2006, Huggins landed a commitment for the 2007 season from perhaps the biggest recruit in K-State's history in 6'8" small forward Michael Beasley. Beasley is ranked by many services as one of the top prospects for 2007.[9]

Huggins' arrival at K-State has created an excitement for basketball among Wildcat fans not seen since the late 1980s. Season-ticket sales at Bramlage Coliseum have reached record levels in this first season alone.

One of Huggins' biggest challenges will be to make the Wildcats more competitive against their in-state archrivals, the University of Kansas Jayhawks. Kansas St. has not defeated KU in Manhattan since 1983, when the Wildcats still played in Ahearn Fieldhouse, and the Jayhawks have won 32 of the last 33 meetings in the series entering the 2006-07 season. At Kansas State's "Madness in Manhattan" event, Huggins told the 10,000 fans in attendance that "the streak" would end in February 2007, to tumultous applause

The biggest underachiever Trip???

oh my lord...

Come on trip

Ari, he never even got to the NCAA Championship game and was routinely home after the first weekend. With all the talent he had there, that, my friend, is underachieving.

How about season ticket sales have almost tripled.

That's a **** lie, Ari. They had 6,700 season tickets BEFORE Huggy was hired. Their home court only holds 13,000. They did max out their season tix but they weren't tripled.

And a school that still had almost 7K season tickets when the team sucked shows an area and university that is a college hoops hotbed... especially in comparison to THIS area.