• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where Was The Beer!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

Ok...Hats off to the team and the new coach.  But seriously...I've heard for a few weeks now about the beer that was supposed to be offered this year!  I have tomorrows starting pitcher in my sign language class, and he was promoting tonight as $1.00 beer night all week!  I have to admit...a little disapointed in the lack of beer  >:(

But I'll sure continue to go to games the rest of the year...beer or not.  GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

BYOB

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Why wouldn't they sell beer? $1 or otherwise... I thought sports and beer went hand in hand!

I didn't attend the game tonight, but I did drive by about 5 minutes before the game started and it looked like a lot of people were there. Any estimates on attendance?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I believe the beer was down the left field line in that pavillion looking place.  I heard it was a 'private party'.  Eric S was working the door, so I'm not sure who it was for, but from the looks of it, that was the only place that had beer.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158

The 'vip' area down the line had 2 kegs, from what I saw.. which was for boosters of some sort, I believe.

Wags, what did the team think of the crowd??

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158

We loved the attendance and support, but they were a bit quiet for our taste - we love when it gets loud!

It can only go up from here, and we appreciate everyone who came out to the game tonight.

I think we'll see a drop in attendance tomorrow night, but hopefully not too much.  I plan on coming out tomorrow again.  Best bargain at USF, $5, can't beat it!

Guest r_to_the_izzo
Why wouldn't they sell beer? $1 or otherwise... I thought sports and beer went hand in hand!

I didn't attend the game tonight, but I did drive by about 5 minutes before the game started and it looked like a lot of people were there. Any estimates on attendance?

The announced crowd was 900+, but they stopped giving out tickets after the 3rd or 4th inning. I got there late and they just let us walk in.

As for tomorrow, I plan on going to the baseball game for 30-45 minutes then heading over to watch the womens B-ball game.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

They have to get the vendor there to get their license to sell the beer/ Right now they can only give the beer away. Patience young jedi the beer is just a matter of time. Nice crowd, great start. Hopefully this is the start of getting us back where we need to be.