• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Look ahead to 2008

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This was just to give you an idea of some kids to keep an eye on next season.  Hauling, I'm sorry if I offended your sensiblities.

Apparently you lack a sense of humor. :(

The kids I'll be keeping a eye on next season will be attending school at 4202 E Fowler,  I'll leave it up to you and the coaches to keep an eye on the HS kids after all that's part of what they get paid to do.

Sorry, I do have a sense of humor, I just forgot to add a smiley at the end. :-[

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"we lose both hills"

but we have 3 hills  ;)

:-)

Well, technically Carlton is not here yet... and it's not certain he will be a WR/TE... chances are he will move to the defensive side of the ball.

So - under "WR/TE" - Amp & Cedric will be the seniors in '08

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't believe he will move to the defense.  He is 6'4 and fast and shifty.  Best athlete on the team.  He appeared to be afraid of contact, so he certainly isn't going to play safety.  I suppose he could be a giant corner... but he has long strides.

I'd say 75% chance he is a WR next season.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

I hear there's a future 5 star RB over at Chester W. Taylor, Jr. Elementary School...but he may be leaning towards  signing with Rutgers or WV.

what is that bum thinking?  We need to get on him.

I heard about him too tho.  He is really dominating Skyway Pop-warner leagues.  Getting comparrisons to Barry Sanders.

;D

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

6. Linebacker -

We only lose Mompremier, and maybe McKenzie(?)

yeah, whether he plays this year or not he'd still have his senior year in 2008 to play then we lose him.  and as you say, good depth there.  seems to me that we're set at most positions if our OL works out as we hope it will with the new recruits.  need a QB whether or not voss switches positions so at least voss would have competition and a backup.  I think that's our only pressing need for 2 season from now.  Crazy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Published - February, 17, 2007

PHS' Hill pledges to FSU

Chuck Corder

ccorder@pnj.com

When Anthony Hill misses a meal, folks notice.

Especially Anthony Hill.

So when Hill, a junior defensive tackle at Pensacola High, was called out of English class Friday to coach Mike Bennett's office, he hoped the meeting wouldn't conflict with lunch.

Bennett gave the 6-foot-4, 290-pound human food factory something better to feast on. The 11-year coach informed Hill that Florida State had extended a scholarship offer.

Hill devoured it, becoming the Seminoles' first pledge in their 2008 class.

"I couldn't refuse," he said.

Hill, a News Journal All-Area second team selection last season, battled injuries to make 42 tackles, three sacks, three fumble recoveries and a pair of forced fumbles.

He complemented All-Area first teammate and South Florida-bound Terrell McClain.

College interest immediately began to pour in. National champion Florida, Alabama, Auburn, USF and LSU all sent letters.

But when the 'Noles knocked, Hill couldn't ignore the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Pensacola Bay Area natives who played at FSU.

"Like (Washington alumnus) Derrick Brooks, people get really good at what they do at Florida State," Hill said. "Plus, I've seen a lot of people that play my position that went to the league (NFL) from FSU. I figured this was my best chance."

Hill carries a 2.7 grade-point average and has yet to receive scores of the first ACT he took last weekend. He'll join Bay Area scholarship players D.J. Norris (Pace) and Joe Surratt (Pace), Graham Gano (Tate) and Paul Griffin (PHS) at FSU.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I know the ink hasn't dried yet on this year's LOI, but here's some kids that have interest in USF for 2008:

Sancho McDonald

Dual-threat quarterback

Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Ht: 6-foot-2

Wt: 165 lbs

Forty: 4.6 secs

A TOP PASSER

McDonald has completed 101 of 173 passes for 1,622 yards and 17 touchdowns, with only six interceptions so far. He ranks third among Miami-Dade large school quarterbacks in passing yardage this season, trailing only Northwestern's Jacory Harris and Coral Gables' Chris Gordon.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/high_school/miami_dade/16136978.htm

usf needs to go after top qbs in the state

hey look out for my nephew...only 4yrs old but mean as a snake and will be big as a bear...class of 2020...I think

kids change alot

let us know if he is as mean as a snake in first grade after being exposed to other snakes

Published - February, 17, 2007

PHS' Hill pledges to FSU

Chuck Corder

ccorder@pnj.com

When Anthony Hill misses a meal, folks notice.

Especially Anthony Hill.

So when Hill, a junior defensive tackle at Pensacola High, was called out of English class Friday to coach Mike Bennett's office, he hoped the meeting wouldn't conflict with lunch.

Bennett gave the 6-foot-4, 290-pound human food factory something better to feast on. The 11-year coach informed Hill that Florida State had extended a scholarship offer.

Hill devoured it, becoming the Seminoles' first pledge in their 2008 class.

"I couldn't refuse," he said.

Hill, a News Journal All-Area second team selection last season, battled injuries to make 42 tackles, three sacks, three fumble recoveries and a pair of forced fumbles.

He complemented All-Area first teammate and South Florida-bound Terrell McClain.

College interest immediately began to pour in. National champion Florida, Alabama, Auburn, USF and LSU all sent letters.

But when the 'Noles knocked, Hill couldn't ignore the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Pensacola Bay Area natives who played at FSU.

"Like (Washington alumnus) Derrick Brooks, people get really good at what they do at Florida State," Hill said. "Plus, I've seen a lot of people that play my position that went to the league (NFL) from FSU. I figured this was my best chance."

Hill carries a 2.7 grade-point average and has yet to receive scores of the first ACT he took last weekend. He'll join Bay Area scholarship players D.J. Norris (Pace) and Joe Surratt (Pace), Graham Gano (Tate) and Paul Griffin (PHS) at FSU.

has anyone from 2008 class pledged to usf yet?

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...