• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

basketball possibility

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Progression?  Compared to what the last 4 years?  Yes, I know there is progress.  But if i remember correctly with greenburg we were always rooting or in the chase to even make the NCAA tourney, given he never got us there because he wasnt a good coach (at usf), but we could see it.  USF fans once camped out to watch a basketball game, we cheered in the hope to get into the big dance, now we are cheering to have a winning record at home conference games and make our conference tournamant (some of you just to say lets keep the coach).  I dont care what division we are in to me that is not progress, maybe since our new coach has gotten here we have improved in his tenure (hard not to) but progress as a university as a whole, no sir my friends.  They used to talk about us on espn.  That shoud tell you enough.  but go ahead a team on on the guy who is just giving it to you the way it is.  

BullDoug - you dont have to ask me how many post season appearances we have been in. I am reminded of our settlement for mediocracy everytime i go into the sundome and see the NIT banners.  The only school in the country that hangs NIT BANNERS.  But hey keep shooting for the stars.  I dont want it all, but i want something more than the NIT aka (Not In the Tournament)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Reminds me of the dr pepper commercial... I want it all... I want it now.

That should be their theme song .... and considering who sings it, it makes it even more appropriate.  ::)

Yeah, I suppose making the conference tournament (i.e. finishing in the top 12......ooooh-la-la) could be classified as "wanting it all."

::)

Way to show your reading comprehension... Herm said we should win every home game no matter what.  Forget that we play in the toughest conference out there and are coming off a 1-15 campaign, 1-7 at home.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez

That should be their theme song .... and considering who sings it, it makes it even more appropriate.  ::)

Yeah, I suppose making the conference tournament (i.e. finishing in the top 12......ooooh-la-la) could be classified as "wanting it all."

Way to show your reading comprehension... Herm said we should win every home game no matter what.  Forget that we play in the toughest conference out there and are coming off a 1-15 campaign, 1-7 at home.  

No, no, Velcro......way to show YOUR reading comprehension.

Notice the quote from Triple B......"that should be theirtheme song."

I wasn't referring to your comment, Velcro.  I was quoting the most recent post from Triple B.  He uses "their" to refer to more than Herm....I assume by "their" he meant all the so-called "dark-siders."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

No, Herm's comment was that he was stooping oh so low just to root the team to msg. That indicates that he really thinks we should be an upper echelon BE team at this point and is settling on hoping to just get to the tourney. Anyone who thinks we SHOULD be an upper echelon BE team at THIS point in our development is looking at things through green and gold glasses.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

NO, by "their" he probably meant Herm and his alter egos.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez

No, Herm's comment was that he was stooping oh so low just to root the team to msg. That indicates that he really thinks we should be an upper echelon BE team at this point and is settling on hoping to just get to the tourney. Anyone who thinks we SHOULD be an upper echelon BE team at THIS point in our development is looking at things through green and gold glasses.

Understood.  And I would not agree with that.

We can dream.....but it's a way off, at best.  I do believe we can and SHOULD be competing at a higher level more consistently, though.  To lose to a HORRENDOUS Richmond team at HOME, and then to beat up a solid ND team is mind boggling.

No, no, Velcro......way to show YOUR reading comprehension.

Notice the quote from Triple B......"that should be theirtheme song."

I wasn't referring to your comment, Velcro.  I was quoting the most recent post from Triple B.  [highlight]He uses "their" to refer to more than Herm....I assume by "their" he meant all the so-called "dark-siders.[/highlight]"

Their=Herm.  ;)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

HAHAHA...talk about reading comprehension???? Go back to my post velcro and show me where i wrote we should win every home game no matter what??? Now i see why you get so mad you have selective reading or maybe cant read at all.  To reiterate, my point is no one else isn the country is roting for a winning home conference record.  Wow, you went to usf?  the university of south florida???  You will do anything to disagree, i think if i said mac wore a nice suit last night you would think i said Mac beat up a 12 year old.  You are too much my friend.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez
NO, by "their" he probably meant Herm and his alter egos.  

Ah.....I see.  I guess I'm not up on that sort of thing.

Alter egos, huh?

:-X

Understood.  And I would not agree with that.

We can dream.....but it's a way off, at best.  I do believe we can and SHOULD be competing at a higher level more consistently, though.  To lose to a HORRENDOUS Richmond team at HOME, and then to beat up a solid ND team is mind boggling.

The team that lost to Richmond is not the team that beat ND.