• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

basketball possibility

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Reminds me of the dr pepper commercial... I want it all... I want it now.

That should be their theme song .... and considering who sings it, it makes it even more appropriate.  ::)

Yeah, I suppose making the conference tournament (i.e. finishing in the top 12......ooooh-la-la) could be classified as "wanting it all."

::)

No, Herm's comment was that he was stooping oh so low just to root the team to msg. That indicates that he really thinks we should be an upper echelon BE team at this point and is settling on hoping to just get to the tourney. Anyone who thinks we SHOULD be an upper echelon BE team at THIS point in our development is looking at things through green and gold glasses.

Understood.  And I would not agree with that.

We can dream.....but it's a way off, at best.  I do believe we can and SHOULD be competing at a higher level more consistently, though.  To lose to a HORRENDOUS Richmond team at HOME, and then to beat up a solid ND team is mind boggling.

The team that lost to Richmond is not the team that beat ND.

Sure.....I'd agree with that.

Unfortunately, it still counts on this year's record.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,693
  • Days Won:  424

Reminds me of the dr pepper commercial... I want it all... I want it now.

That should be their theme song .... and considering who sings it, it makes it even more appropriate.  ::)

Yeah, I suppose making the conference tournament (i.e. finishing in the top 12......ooooh-la-la) could be classified as "wanting it all."

::)

No, Herm's comment was that he was stooping oh so low just to root the team to msg. That indicates that he really thinks we should be an upper echelon BE team at this point and is settling on hoping to just get to the tourney. Anyone who thinks we SHOULD be an upper echelon BE team at THIS point in our development is looking at things through green and gold glasses.

Understood.  And I would not agree with that.

We can dream.....but it's a way off, at best.  I do believe we can and SHOULD be competing at a higher level more consistently, though.  To lose to a HORRENDOUS Richmond team at HOME, and then to beat up a solid ND team is mind boggling.

The team that lost to Richmond is not the team that beat ND.

Sure.....I'd agree with that.

Unfortunately, it still counts on this year's record.

Very true, but when talking about the inconsistencies of the team itself you shouldn't really compare those two games...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

So Herm, let me get this straight, you think moving from C-USA to the Big East is not progress? That going from a 1-7 home conference record to a winning home confernce record is not progress? That going from 7 wins all last season to already having 12 is not progress? I mean what about the football team, a few years ago they used to win every game at home, now they don't. I guess they are not improving.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Wow.  Outrunner, if you read my post and understand it, i said I do see improvement in the mac tenure here (its hard not to improve)  But i see no improvement from 10 years ago.  Sure its not hard to improve from 1-16 in conference but the university of south florida basketball PROGRAM has not improved in the last 10 years.  It has pretty much stayed the same.  sure you can argue how its a little better or a little worse but there is no signifigant difference.  

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing day in and day out and expecting different results.  Something different has to be done for us to achieve noticeable success.  Sure, we have seen improvements we have also seen regressing, but we still are ignored as a basketball program by the nation.  We beat ND and the only press we got, nationally, was digger phelps saying ND lost to south florida (in a disgusted tone).  

No one will take us seriously until we seriously committ to winning.  Step outside the box for once.  

herm - hoping one day usf baskeball will make it on the map.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

So now Mac is responsible for the failures of greenberg too?  wow.

I love your reasoning skills.  How about using some critical thinking skills and analyze the situation we were in before this season and then ask what would be a good outcome for the season, rather than lumping everything together and being pissed that we aren't a tournament regular yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,693
  • Days Won:  424

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing day in and day out and expecting different results.

You mean like your ******** about the basketbal program? I couldn't agree more...