• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Feast or famine, the range is incredible...

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

consistancy will come as these guys mature and play together

I agree with you and although I am not a huge basketball fan, even I can see how well this team is starting to gel.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It is night and day how well this offense runs with Howard in at PG.

early in the year we won games by pretty much out talenting teams that we should beat and losing to the teams that had more talent and depth.  Now that Gransberry/Howard/Verdejo are all in and playing well... we are seeing a different team altogether.  

To think we have a PG out there that is this good, still hobbled a bit, and ONLY A FRESHMAN.... yikes.  He is the bball teams Grothe.  They remind me a lot of each other... both tremendously gifted, both great leaders, especially for their age... both tremdously confident and that confidence spreads to all the other players on the court/field... and both have very good awereness on the court/field... they know what is going on everywhere, just uncanny vision.

Both have made some mistakes, but you take those mistakes and know they will learn from them and be that much better later.  As long as both stay healthy, it is going to be a fun ride watching these two incredible players develop on their respective teams.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Howard wasn't at full strength either.  He took a shot to the body late in the first half and was clearly sore.  Late in the game I saw him in the semi tunnel stretching his arms and back holding onto the bleachers.  This was a pivotal time too.  I think we had taken a timeout with 3 minutes on the game clock and 12 on the shot clock.  You gotta love the heart.  

from my seats I watched the trainer working on his right leg. He was suffering leg cramps. Then he came back in and finsihed the game strong. A sure sign of leg cramps......

Yes, he definitely had cramps... they he drank a bunch of water during that break.  And Mac took a timeout to delay the game a bit and help chris get back in with minimal time lost.  Just great coaching there.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

If Capko is in the game, we lose.

If he is out of the game, we win.

Problem solved.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

I loved what Coach di with capko.  He puthim in that one time and capko just looked totally lost and Mac had no hesitation getting hime out of there.  I love the way Mac is making decisions now.  I can't wait for the rest of the year.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Seth tried and tried while at USF and all he could manage in 7 years was Texas, who was maybe #25 in the coaches' poll.

USF beat ranked FSU team in 1997.

Yes... i believe they were 25 in the coaches, and unranked in the AP.