• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Observation On Mike Ford

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

it is so premature to count on ford

there are 3 guys ahead of him on depth chart

come on dude, this is a 5 star recruit.  Do you look at anything in a positive light?, is your world really that much of a giant crapfest?  aren't you the one always talking about stars and recruiting rankings.  if Mike Ford went to UF, UM, or UCF you'd be saying USF and Leavitt missed out on the instant impact player they needed!

usf needs 5 star olinemen

*in best Lupe Fiasco impression*

Yessir

Guest JulmisteForPrez
it is so premature to count on ford

there are 3 guys ahead of him on depth chart

come on dude, this is a 5 star recruit.  Do you look at anything in a positive light?, is your world really that much of a giant crapfest?  aren't you the one always talking about stars and recruiting rankings.  if Mike Ford went to UF, UM, or UCF you'd be saying USF and Leavitt missed out on the instant impact player they needed!

usf needs 5 star olinemen

Yes...yes we do.  But so does everyone.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

smazza says USC starts FR and they produce.

why is he now against USF starting a 5star FR RB..at a position we badly need?

smazza just stirring the pot..i think!

Guest JulmisteForPrez
let's not get all hyped on Ford just yet... i'm sure he's great and thank God we have him, however, everyone hyped up both denson and hill as a savior quarterback, and look how they carried the ball - like a loaf of bread... let's just be thankful we actually have a running game.  if it werent for the lack of one this past season, we could have easily won more games.

obviously mostly  people new to the sport  are the ones anointing him and making him a starter

Smazza....my man....I am one of the VERY FEW who agree with you from time to time, but you might even lose me if you keep this crap up.

I don't think anybody has handed him the Heisman yet or is projecting him as the #1 pick in the 2010 NFL draft, but to assume he'll be the starter isn't all that much of a stretch.  Who does he have to beat out???  A walk-on and an underachieving doghouse-dweller!  Plancher is the only one who will give him competition for carries.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Do what you want but I am counting on him to be freshman of the year in the BE.  A star RB with a star QB at the same time.  Oh yea - life is good.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Smazza....my man....I am one of the VERY FEW who agree with you from time to time, but you might even lose me if you keep this crap up.

I don't think anybody has handed him the Heisman yet or is projecting him as the #1 pick in the 2010 NFL draft, but to assume he'll be the starter isn't all that much of a stretch.  Who does he have to beat out???  A walk-on and an underachieving doghouse-dweller!  Plancher is the only one who will give him competition for carries.

Plancher is unproven as is Ford.

We've all seen what Pontin did last year :(

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Living here in Alabama, all I heard about on the radio was how pumped Alabama was to be getting this guy when they were recruiting him hard.  My buddy at work here is the type of guy who reads EVERY article regarding players Bama is targeting, watches every bit of film etc and when he heard Ford was going to USF, he filled me in on what a STUD we were getting if he can make grades.

He said Ford WILL start this year and USF will be lucky to have him two years; he's that kind of talent.

Now, whether that translates to the field, who knows, but when he came out, all the big boys were after him.  If our WRs can make some plays combined with Ford's ability; this offense should be able to play with anyone as long as Groethe continues to develop his skills and get the most out of the offense, recognize defenses etc.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He was with the team at the memorial service on Thursday -- he'll be wearing No. 34 for the Bulls  ...

What a great number for a RB!!

Here you can see him wearing 34.

http://snap.tbo.com/images/photos/100038/2007/01/25/gallery/1559580.jpg

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Does anyone know what will happen with number 10?  I'd think the school should think about retiring that number from the football program is possible.

I think retiring number 10 is a bit extreme.