• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Observation On Mike Ford

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I watched that highlight reel of Mike Ford on PutFile.com for the first time, and the one thing that stuck out to me (other than all the obvious physical tools) was his determination.

What I mean by that is that it seems like every time he touches the ball (granted, this is a highlight reel) he intends to be in the endzone when the official blows his whistle to end the play.  His intent is to score, whether he has to run past you, around you, or THROUGH you.  

Killer instinct.  Aggressive, devastating running.  Nice.  

Hope our new o-line coach is ready to kick our linemen's butts into shape so they can give Ford the room he needs to put up HUGE stats.

And I hope coach Gregory designs plays that will suit Mike Ford's strengths (which are manifold).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely.

I am looking forward to this season more than any other season before.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

And we were worried about Rocky 2 at the home games...    ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is so premature to count on ford

there are 3 guys ahead of him on depth chart

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

It is so exciting to get a RB of his stature when we so deperatley needed one.  If he performs as we all hope I wonder what our averge points scored per game will be next year.  Now there is a good prediction contest to hold us through till the next season starts.  Average points scored per game and average points given up per game.  Hey, I will even sponser the winning prize.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

He was with the team at the memorial service on Thursday -- he'll be wearing No. 34 for the Bulls  ...

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

Smazza...don't think anyone is really "counting" on Ford but rather hoping that he becomes the running back that he is hyped up to be.  He has the physical tools as we all know.  I still think it's a lot to ask of a freshman to come in a be the "guy".  I'd expect to see Plancher/Williams/Ponton get most of the carries early unless Ford shows that he is clearly better.

He was with the team at the memorial service on Thursday -- he'll be wearing No. 34 for the Bulls  ...

What a great number for a RB!!

Does anyone know what will happen with number 10?  I'd think the school should think about retiring that number from the football program is possible.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Can't speak for everyone here....only myself...but I wouldn't say I'm "counting" on Ford.  Injuries, academics....you never know for sure.

Those three guys ahead of him on the depth chart shouldn't be there for long, though.  Between Williams and Ponton, I've seen enough to know that the guy I saw in those highlights would have beaten them out as an 11th grader.  As far as Plancher goes, even if he comes back from his injury, the guy is about as big as a mosquito.  I'm guessing he wouldn't be able to handle a heavy dose of carries anyhow.

Seems like Ford is as close to a "can't miss" as you can get.  So where's the harm in a little dreaming, Smazza?