• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any positives on todays game vs ND

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

there lil good to say about USF bball.. gransberry is solid.. other then that nada

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I want to find out how many other guys on this board listened to the whole game on the radio today?

I bet not many.

TJ Reeves mentioned that tickets for the Notre Dame game at the Sun Dome is almost sold out.  He said ticket sales have been pretty "brisk."

I really feel bad for TJ and Jim Lighthall...

They do a very good job at making bad basketball sound good.  Plus, they aren't very hard on Mac... very professional.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

We're closer to the end of the season...  :-/

I want to bullieve... but it's really hard.

Here is an idea on how CRM's Men's basketball program can be useful:

• it can reduce it's coaching staff to just Coach McCullum. Afterall, he is going to run off his remaining assistants anyways....
  • it can gut it's recruiting budget since transfer players don't need to be recruited....they come to us...

• it can get rid of all it's scholarships and just use walk-ons...

What do all these things have in common?

• They are all designed to save money that can be put to better use for football, women's hoops, softball and baseball. It's not like any of these things would make the basketball program any worse...right?

• Heck if we really want to get creative, perhaps we can workout a deal with Mike Tranghese where we would be allowed to sub-lease our Big East basketball membership to UCF. They would love the attention and would likely be more competitive. We would always have an option to move back into our BigEast hoops slot if we ever decide to field a competive program again. I see this as a win-win for everyone.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

We're closer to the end of the season...  :-/

I want to bullieve... but it's really hard.

Here is an idea on how CRM's Men's basketball program can be useful:

• it can reduce it's coaching staff to just Coach McCullum. Afterall, he is going to run off his remaining assistants anyways....
  • it can gut it's recruiting budget since transfer players don't need to be recruited....they come to us...

• it can get rid of all it's scholarships and just use walk-ons...

What do all these things have in common?

• They are all designed to save money that can be put to better use for football, women's hoops, softball and baseball. It's not like any of these things would make the basketball program any worse...right?

• Heck if we really want to get creative, perhaps we can workout a deal with Mike Tranghese where we would be allowed to sub-lease our Big East basketball membership to UCF. They would love the attention and would likely be more competitive. We would always have an option to move back into our BigEast hoops slot if we ever decide to field a competive program again. I see this as a win-win for everyone.

hah

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

LOL... Here we go!!!!!!!!

Lets beat that dead horse once more!!!!!

We should jus have ONE thread on the basketball team this whole year. They are going to lose often so lets condense all the team sucks, Fire Coach RMC etc into ONE thread.

We can call it the "Mother of all fire RMC thread"

far fewer posts than we have after a football game.  a lot of those said the same things too.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Seven Steps to USF Men's Basketball Fan Indifference...

1. :o  - Shocked that any program can have such bad luck...

2. :-? - Huh? Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

3. :-[ - Embarrassed that our progam is in such bad shape...

4. :(  - Sad b/c you hardly remember how a winning hoops program tastes like...

5. >:( - Angry that the program is sinking faster than CDOA football

6. :'(  -  Emotions take over and you cry about how hopeless things appear...

7. ::)  - Roll your eyes at the mounting losses as you no longer care...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

but we were supose to lose

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

For me, again, it's not the fact we lose.  It's the fact that we are out of these games 7 or 8 minutes into the games.  You cannot blame that on a depleted roster.  If that was the case we would run out of steam later in the second half  At least last year we were playing the better teams tough.

Ok.  We beat UC.  Since then UC played Syracuse to the wire and then beat WVU.  Today SJU beat Syracuse.  At least their games are watchable.

At this point I am wondering if we are: 1. As good as last year and 2. Is there even a light at the end of the tunnel going in to next year.  

At this point I would like to even be competitive in a game or 2, let alone win any.  I don't expect to be beating the elite teams in this conference, but if his is the best team we can put on the floor we should at least have shown some improvement to give us hope by being in the game at least midway through the 2nd half.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

We were more competitive last season. I really thought we'd be better at this point, (we have played 3 ranked teams on the road too). So far the biggest dissapointment to me has been the home game vs. Louisville. That being said, I still say we have over a month left, I'm going to let it play out before I decide what I think either way. I've already said what my goals for the team are this year: make the Big East tourney.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

i love how everyone expects a team that THEY constantly tell us is "horrible and terribly coached" to beat the top teams(ranked even!) in our conference....ON THE ROAD.

Comedy, really.