• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official Steve Duemig Dump on post

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

For a local sports announcer, Duemig is anti USF in all sports. It is time to post your thoughts on how to oust this windbag who does not support USF athletics. It's time to take a dump on the Dog.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

thats not true though.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

For a local sports announcer, Duemig is anti USF in all sports. It is time to post your thoughts on how to oust this windbag who does not support USF athletics. It's time to take a dump on the Dog.

You definitely hit a sore spot with me.  I am not going to respond for only one reason........I don't want to hear Mr. Shoop's gushing praise of the man.

He does have sports knowledge, but he is not a supporter of the local college sports program.  That hits a sore spot with me.

I'm not saying he has to agree with USF fans all the time, but I  believe local media should support the local teams.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Sports Talk (like most "talk" radio programming) is geared towards what the audience

want's to hear. Listen to any show that relies on call-ins and the callers are behind the

host 99.9999% of the time. The law is to let in one voice of dissent ever so often to

break up the monotony.

The Tampa Bay area is not made up, for the most part, of die-hard USF fans. What do

you want to talk about; that is going to retain listeners and generate interest? Do you

want to call up and berate the mens BB team on the air? Or would you rather devote

an hour to how great and phenomenal the WOMENs (and think in terms of who is really

interested in that demographic across the listening audience) BB team is? Want to call

up and reminisce about the USF non-BCS bowl season that ended with the lowest TV

rated bowl game?

What did he do that was [highlight]ANTI-USF[/highlight]? Remember...his audience is many, many, many

times the size of this bulletin board. It's business fellas...another day at the office.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

They don't call him Steve Dummy for nothing.

Dummy only knows golf and the number of pimples on Mike Alstott's asss.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

His attack on Jose (and womens basketball and Title IX) this week was ridiculous. His "boycott" of the football team this past season was ridiculous (not like he talked about us that much anyway). Quote from September: UCF "was going to roll over USF".  The Monday after the WVU win, when he was forced to talk about us, he spent about an hour talking about how Jim Leavitt was going to leave for Alabama or Miami and he was so sure of it. And I didnt hear him even mention Keeley Dorsey. (That I'm not sure of, he might have later in the show the night that it happened and I didnt hear it).  Thats just from this past season. And then the infamous HowieP incident.  

Wooly: it is one thing to not talk about USF b/c there isn't enough wide interest. I am okay with that b/c if we keep winning that will take care of itself.

However it's another thing when he opens his big mouth and acts like he "is in the know" and throws the entire program under the bus with his ignorance.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Just out of curiosity...do y'all ever call up and 'set him straight'? I'm sure, to generate interest, that if the subject has a measure of confrontation or could be considered 'up for debate', you'd stand some sort of chance of being heard. It could be that he, not unlike some individuals on here, enjoy a bit of 'trolling' to see if anyone will take the bait.

His attack on Jose (and womens basketball and Title IX) this week was ridiculous. His "boycott" of the football team this past season was ridiculous (not like he talked about us that much anyway). Quote from September: UCF "was going to roll over USF".  The Monday after the WVU win, when he was forced to talk about us, he spent about an hour talking about how Jim Leavitt was going to leave for Alabama or Miami and he was so sure of it. And I didnt hear him even mention Keeley Dorsey. (That I'm not sure of, he might have later in the show the night that it happened and I didnt hear it).  Thats just from this past season. And then the infamous HowieP incident.  

I was driving home when the news of Keeley's passing hit the airwaves. Dummy was in the middle of ripping Jose when the news "came across the wire". It was very awkward radio as he struggled to read the press release.  There was no compassion in his voice, but rather disdain that he now looked like a schmuck for spending the first two hours ripping USF while the University was in crisis mode and mourning the passing of a 19 year old kid.

I used to like his show, but as soon as WDAE became the official Bucs radio station, Dummy turned into gutless buccaneer sycophant.

Just out of curiosity...do y'all ever call up and 'set him straight'? I'm sure, to generate interest, that if the subject has a measure of confrontation or could be considered 'up for debate', you'd stand some sort of chance of being heard. It could be that he, not unlike some individuals on here, enjoy a bit of 'trolling' to see if anyone will take the bait.

Actually I called him earlier this year and asked him if would rather have a coach like very media friendly Seth Greenberg who never won meaningful games or a coach like Jim Leavitt who doesn't want to be a media darling but wins games. He actually agreed with me and but said that CJL's tactics would backfire on him when his program went "bigtime" b/c "media hacks" (his words not mine) would hold a grudge. I responded that will be a good problem to have and perhaps the media will be fairer when USF does go "bigtime". He waited until I hung up before making some flippant "USF going bigtime?" kind of wise-ass remark.