• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Feb 3rd BB Doubleheader Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah -- doesn't make much sense to require people to purchase separate tickets.

Its not like its hard to find a seat at the womens game.

They should just let you show up early and grab a seat.  Have an "open seating" policy.

All women's games should have an open seating policy. Students, Alumni, Joe Public - sit wherever you'd like.

The only possible problem would be season ticket holders... but the policy could be explained as "limited general admission" with the limit being if you are in a season ticket holder's seat, you have to move.  Or maybe limit season tickets to one side of the court, and perhaps just certain rows in that section.

Oh great! a guy who isn't a fan of basketball has it all figured out.

I am not a fan of the sport of basketball... but if the game is on TV where I can watch for free, pause it on my DVR when I need to hit the can, and can do other things... I will tune in.

I'm sure there are others like me...

"

How about this...if you want to go to both games pay the $7 for the women's game otherwise wait outside till they clear the dome.

Hell why not let the people who paid for the womens game stay and watch the men's game  for free?

If someone is too cheap to shell out the $7 for a seat then when they are going to be at the dome for the other game then it's unlikely that they will ever buy one.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, screw the fans who pay for seats to the women's games...so a group of freeloaders can get in.

HB - I hope your comment is not serious.  But if it is, I wouldn't say a "freeloader" is someone that's paid USF $25 for a ticket to a [highlight]separate game[/highlight] on the same day.

Dead serious....If they will only go to the womens game if it's free then they are IMO freeloaders.   If it's not worth $7 to them then they should wait outside till the doors open for the game they paid for.

free·load     /[ch712]fri[ch712]lo[ch650]d, -[ch716]lo[ch650]d/

–verb (used without object) Informal.

1.      to take advantage of others for free food, entertainment,  etc.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

According to John Lewis in the ticket office (I already bought my tickets), we will need to exit the Sun Dome after the WBB game and reenter using our MBB tickets.  I have a separate ticket for each game.  I don't think you will be able to get in with your MBB ticket and watch the ladies, but I guess it depends on the security staff.......

that is impractical

According to John Lewis in the ticket office (I already bought my tickets), we will need to exit the Sun Dome after the WBB game and reenter using our MBB tickets.  I have a separate ticket for each game.  I don't think you will be able to get in with your MBB ticket and watch the ladies, but I guess it depends on the security staff.......

that is impractical

No it's not...there is plenty of time between games.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Hell why not let the people who paid for the womens game stay and watch the men's game  for free?

If someone is too cheap to shell out the $7 for a seat then when they are going to be at the dome for the other game then it's unlikely that they will ever buy one.

now THAT'S a good idea!

you have to enter the women's game before halftime in order to stay and watch the men for free. i like it!  

i know if i was there, i would have to buy at LEAST one more drink and food item in that extra hour or 2, so you could at least make up a little bit of the money in concessions...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

They should just let you show up early and grab a seat.  Have an "open seating" policy.

Sure, screw the fans who pay for seats to the women's games...so a group of freeloaders can get in.

The women's ticketholders could have their seats for their game and holders of the men's tickets just sit anywhere not taken ....

And how would you identify the different groups...paint the men's ticket holders hair daglo lime ;D

Why not just buy a $7 ticket and help support the women's program.

All women's games should have an open seating policy. Students, Alumni, Joe Public - sit wherever you'd like.

The only possible problem would be season ticket holders... but the policy could be explained as "limited general admission" with the limit being if you are in a season ticket holder's seat, you have to move.  Or maybe limit season tickets to one side of the court, and perhaps just certain rows in that section.

Oh great! a guy who isn't a fan of basketball has it all figured out.

I am not a fan of the sport of basketball... but if the game is on TV where I can watch for free, pause it on my DVR when I need to hit the can, and can do other things... I will tune in.

I'm sure there are others like me...

You don't have to be a basketball fan to understand that there are things a team can do to get more butts in the seats.  Obviously the team and the sport are not enough.  There has to be something more (and before you rail on me, I will come to the U Conn game.)

But I do agree that people should not see the women for free... and they need to clear the Sun Dome to ensure that a large number of people aren't trying to see the men's game without buying a ticket. (Only so many can hide in bathrooms.)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

And how would you identify the different groups...paint the men's ticket holders hair daglo lime ;D

Uh, by the tickets they have?

Why not just buy a $7 ticket and help support the women's program.

The women's program needs the exposure more than it needs the $7/ticket...

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I think HaulingBull just hates my idea because its  and idea from Hinkelberg..

But thats alright...

I love you bro... even if you think mac is doing a good job.