• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Proactive Basketball Fans...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Fans ran him out of town.  Fan's have many stripes and colors but it WAS fans that ran him out which is what happens to most college coaches that lose their jobs.  A website was simply the major instrument after much simpler banter and talk, signs in the stands, t-shirts, boos at the stadium, etc, etc.  Don't be a simpleton, no one said a website got rid of him.  UF fans used a website and now some USF fans are using chalk and a sidewalk.  Same idea, different tools.

It wasn't plain old "fans" that ran Zook out of town, it was bigtime boosters... and I seriously doubt the Gator website was a "major instrument" in the whole affair... just like the chalk message will have no effect here... although, the symbolic gap between the yokels in G'ville using the high tech Internet and our idiots drawing with chalk on a sidewalk is quite amusing.

Yeah that's what I said, plain old fans. ::)  Hey I'm a USF donor, am I a plain old fan, a donor fan, or just a regular run-of-the-mill fan.  Please enlighten me, I'm confused but you seem to have a grasp of this whole fan thing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

If Zook was beloved by the majority of nondonor fans, he would still be there.  

With the utmost respect, I must disagree entirely.  

They're both entitled to their opinions and should honorably and reasonably defend their positions and be allowed to do so.  

So chalking the coach's parking spot is probably not honorable, huh?

I really think it's a funny argument, but does anyone think taking it to the coach is gonna make him cry and quit?  That's disrespectful.  I think we have a number of good reasons to be frustrated with the current condition of the mens hoops program, I just wish everyone would contemplate disrespectful actions prior to commission of such.  

Like bags on heads at the game, that is an affront not only to the coach, but to the players and others including other fans, administrators, players' families, etc.

We often talk about opponents' lack of class...we need to look inward at times too.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Wins and Losses------If you fire Cardieri, Mac must go.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Comparisons can be powerful, except Cardieri was at least a half a decade past the point where Mac is now.  

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

He also actually won a few games. If it was based on being good people they could both keep their job

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Coach Cardieri was given the benefit of the doubt to turn it around during the season and Coach McCullum should be afforded the same courtesy.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I sincerely hope you realize that this is no way to change the tides of the Men's Basketball Program:

0kp386ct.jpg

You're doing more harm than good.  I hope you're happy.

Oh, please...this isn't harming anyone. Get a life.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Nothing wrong with what these kids did.  Lets remember they are probably 18-23.  They are reacting.  

Its probably one of the kids that get to the games early, has a few drinks before the game, and cant wait to watch a good basketball game.  Only to watch a blowout, leave pissed off, drunk and then react.  No problem, its all a part of being in college.  Dont let these old men make you grow up boring and afraid to speak your mind.  Express yourself young darksider.....I am your father (sorry i had to).  :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Fans ran him out of town.  Fan's have many stripes and colors but it WAS fans that ran him out which is what happens to most college coaches that lose their jobs.  A website was simply the major instrument after much simpler banter and talk, signs in the stands, t-shirts, boos at the stadium, etc, etc.  Don't be a simpleton, no one said a website got rid of him.  UF fans used a website and now some USF fans are using chalk and a sidewalk.  Same idea, different tools.

It wasn't plain old "fans" that ran Zook out of town, it was bigtime boosters... and I seriously doubt the Gator website was a "major instrument" in the whole affair... just like the chalk message will have no effect here... although, the symbolic gap between the yokels in G'ville using the high tech Internet and our idiots drawing with chalk on a sidewalk is quite amusing.

Yeah that's what I said, plain old fans. ::)  [highlight]Hey I'm a USF donor, am I a plain old fan, a donor fan, or just a regular run-of-the-mill fan.[/highlight]  Please enlighten me, I'm confused but you seem to have a grasp of this whole fan thing.

It depends on your donor level. PM me your annual contribution and I'll assign you a rating ...

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

If Zook was beloved by the majority of nondonor fans, he would still be there.  

With the utmost respect, I must disagree entirely.  

They're both entitled to their opinions and should honorably and reasonably defend their positions and be allowed to do so.  

So chalking the coach's parking spot is probably not honorable, huh?

I really think it's a funny argument, but does anyone think taking it to the coach is gonna make him cry and quit?  That's disrespectful.  I think we have a number of good reasons to be frustrated with the current condition of the mens hoops program, I just wish everyone would contemplate disrespectful actions prior to commission of such.  

Like bags on heads at the game, that is an affront not only to the coach, but to the players and others including other fans, administrators, players' families, etc.

We often talk about opponents' lack of class...we need to look inward at times too.

You may disagree, but when has a coach been fired when he has been performing and making progress, except for conditions other than fan abandonment (i.e. O'Liarly, etc). Please cite an example we can all relate to.

If the students chalked the parking lot near him, my point is that it wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last that this happens.  On top of that, I will say that many very successful programs who have had underperforming coaches that have had alot worse said and happen to their coach if they haven't been able to produce acceptable results, according to fans at large.  That's a fact and most big boys accept that as part of the job.  If you can't, that's you're problem not the coaches and certainly not the person doing it.  My point has always been that fans are fickle and much less accepting of mediocrity that they may be with even their own family.  It's life, accept it, reject it, cry about it, who cares!!  To use an old phrase, (and even a yucky one from my perspecitive) "IT IS WHAT IT IS".  Get over it and just hope that you as a person and as part of a larger group can offset the negative with positive and propel CRM to an acceptable record with growing fan support, if you so desire, so that you can say, "I told you so". Now that's brilliant, brother!