• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ortho. Surgeon in Tampa?

I have no personal knowledge about this doctor, but my husbandf went to him and he is on Fletcher Avenue.  His name is Ed Homan.  I believe he has done some work with the athletics department.

Thought!!!!  Why not contact the med staff at USF athletic facility and see if they can make a recommendation?

Homan is on staff at USF now, but he's also a state legislator -- so he might not be available.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

I didnt even think about contacting athletics, thats how I got ref. to my first surgeon- Ill try calling them.

thanks for all the suggestions, Im picky with you is going to slice and dice my leg.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Chet Janecki - He is the Ortho for the Bucs

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Dr. Tom Mixa in St.Pete did my total knee replacement. He was awesome. He is a perfectionist in his work. He tells it like it is, doesn't hide anything and makes you work hard during rehab. Great guy and great Dr

I like Dr. Mixa- all of his kids (6 of them I think) goto school with my brother in St. Pete- I'm just trying to switch my drs. to Tampa to avoid all the commutes Im making for everything, I think I would be happier with a good Tampa ortho. and not worry about a 2 hour round trip drive each time.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

Leffers is now working with the SMART institute on BBdowns just north of fletcher.  He has a new partner, Dr. Nefsinger, who is also very good.  SMART institute is part of USF health so you may not face some of the insurance problems that have been encountered at FOI.

Dr. Guttentag is also a very skilled surgeon located on BBdowns, North of Bearss

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141

I'd recommend Dr. Seth Gasser, but he's at FOI, too.

Gasser was my surgeon for my college soccer injury, he did an amazing job with everything he did and kept the scaring minimal for the amount of work he did and metal that was added.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Can someone give Herman a good recomendation for an OBGYN.  He was telling me that he had a little cream on his taco lately.

not sure what that means.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I am looking for an orthopedic surgeon. I was seeing a Dr. in St. Pete, but I didn’t like his “bed side†manner and he was 3 hours late to both my appointments. I can not use any doctor in the Florida Orthopedic Institute, as my insurance won’t pay for them since its “their mistake†and I prefer not to use Dr. Guttentag’s office.

The doctor must be in Tampa (no Pinellas or Pasco). Any good or bad expierences with doctors would be useful- I have already had a major surgery 4 years ago with a college soccer injury and my metal is pushing itself out of my leg and I need a doctor that can remove and replace, and leave minimal scaring. The 1st dr. did an amazing job with leaving minimal scaring even with the amount of work they did for a total reconstruction.

Help an injured Bull out J

GET OUT OF TAMPA AND GO TO A BIG CITY WHERE THE BEST DOCTORS ARE LOCATED

NY OR LA