• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm never going out in Denver.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

What kind of nightclubs do they have in Denver, Colorado?

First Joey Porter gets shot outside of a club a few years back, then Julius Hodge get shot while driving his car on the highway coming home from the night club.  And now this terrible situation with Darrent Williams in his limosuine outside of, you guessed it, a Denver nightclub.  

Where are all the police on New Years Days earlyin the morning?  You would think everyone would be working.  you would also think it would be hard to spray a stretch hummer on a busy night  in a Tahoe SUV and get away unnoticed or chased.    

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

My sister has lived there for the past 5 years and never had a problem.  Your also not a professional athlete with millions of dollars and hangs out in hip hop clubs where you run into a greater chance to run into someone with a gun so i think youd be just fine.    

Steve, now I know you live in Tampa and only go to clubs like Fuel and the Dallas Bull but in other cities there are actually establishments where everyone goes, including regular people and athletes, to party.  Go to the crobar in nyc or miami, sure you have to bring some extra money and maybe take off your sketchers and tube socks.  Sure it may be a little more scarier to some at the so called "hip hop" club than at banana joes but the average city person can go there no problem.  I'm sure there were many people that "looked" just like you at that club that night, maybe dressed a little better but look just like you.  Lemme guess you are from central florida somewhere.  

Anyway why is this happening at the denver night clubs so often?

Steve, now I know you live in Tampa and only go to clubs like Fuel and the Dallas Bull but in other cities there are actually establishments where everyone goes, including regular people and athletes, to party.  Go to the crobar in nyc or miami, sure you have to bring some extra money and maybe take off your sketchers and tube socks.  Sure it may be a little more scarier to some at the so called "hip hop" club than at banana joes but the average city person can go there no problem.  I'm sure there were many people that "looked" just like you at that club that night, maybe dressed a little better but look just like you.  Lemme guess you are from central florida somewhere.  

Anyway why is this happening at the denver night clubs so often?

Yes because you know me, where i go, how i dress, and what i like to do  ::)

It happens because proathletes are targets.  You go to any club or bar there are always those idiots that like to get drunk and "prove their manhood" by starting  fights or just being general a-holes.  What better target than a proathlete to prove your man hood.  You mix in high testosterone alcohol and in some instances people carrying guns and bad things happen.  Theres a reason why bars and night club have large amounts of security and its because when you have several hundred drunk people your going to have a few trouble makers and when your a high profile person like a proathlete you become a prime target for someone looking to show how tough they are.  Add in the fact that proathletes are typically alpha males that are very self confident and most likely wouldnt back down from a challenger and you have problems, especially when the person they wont back down from has a gun.  Why Denver who knows, but like i said my sister has lived in that city and loves to go out to their bars and clubs with her husband and has never had problems.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

i was in denver when it happened...it was a huge deal there

Of course its a huge deal but its no common place like this dude is making it out to be.  

Of course its a huge deal but its no common place like this dude is making it out to be.  

Common place? Well what else should I call it?  A coincidental place where athletes are getting shot?  

I heard on the radio that the owner of the suv was a member of the crips and darrent williams stepped on one of his friends sneakers (didnt dave chapelle make fun of idiotic behavior like this in one of his skits).  Sounds like denver isnt as innocent as you hear.  Bunch or morons

Common place? Well what else should I call it?  A coincidental place where athletes are getting shot?  

I heard on the radio that the owner of the suv was a member of the crips and darrent williams stepped on one of his friends sneakers (didnt dave chapelle make fun of idiotic behavior like this in one of his skits).  Sounds like denver isnt as innocent as you hear.  Bunch or morons

Hodge-2003

Porter-2003

Williams-2007

Thats over a 4 year streach  your acting like this is happening all the time.  Quit being so reactionary.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

plus people get shot all the time and in every city, even at Fuel and Dallas Bull here in Tampa, it could happen.  its a part of life unforunately, but it is what it is.  every single city has problems with violence, Denver isn't the exception to this rule, and before you get on me like you did with Steve Lurkle, i'm from Miami.