• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are CARDS in for a DOWN Turn?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

May lose too many players to stay up.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9904129

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't believe the hype of this article.  You did see how Louisville did without Brohm earlier in the year didn't you?  They are stacked a couple deep at every position.  This team will be good / great next year with or without these players thay may leave early.  The article was from a wishful thinkful in my opinion.  Louisville is here to stay.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,379
  • Days Won:  10

But what about Petrino Leaving?  This won't have any affect on their performance?  I say we are positioned very nicely for BE champ next year!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf should ot recruit ul this year and that should start the downturn but if ul still out recruits leavitt this year than ther eis no hope for leavitt as a recruiter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Downturn!  I don't  think so.   Read these comments:

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Victor Anderson to U of L

St. Xavier High School running back Victor Anderson has made his final decision and the two-time Courier-Journal All-State selection has picked Louisville.

The Tigers' all-time leading rusher called coach Steve Kragthorpe on Sunday and informed him of his decision, according to St. X coach Mike Glaser. Anderson had made an unofficial visit to the U of L-Syracuse basketball game on Saturday.

Anderson had committed to West Virginia last summer only later to re-open his recruitment. He picked U of L over the Mountaineers after the Cardinals' coaching change occured.

"It has been really hard for him," Glaser said. "He made that (early commitment) out of being a youngster. He has made himself into a heck of a football player and a heck of a student. He wanted to make sure he had something (in the form of a scholarship). But he really liked West Virginia and the final decision was awfully hard on him."

[highlight] Anderson, who will be available for comment later later on Sunday, probably wouldn't have become a Cardinal if coach Bobby Petrino had not left for Atlanta. [/highlight]

"When the new staff came in, he had to look at them awfully hard," Glaser said. [highlight]"I totally discouraged him from U of L when coach Petrino was there [/highlight]because their styles would not have matched. I know some players just can't play for certain type of coaches. Vic is a heck of a hard worker but he doesn’t need somebody yelling and screaming at him. This is just a much better fit (with coach Kragthorpe)."

The 5-foot-8, 175-pound Anderson was a member of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's top 100 All-Southern team. Anderson was a three-year starter at St. X and left as the school’s all-time leading rusher and scorer. He had 452 career carries for 4,008 yards – 8.9 yards a carry – and 75 total touchdowns.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Victor Anderson speaks

Here's what Victor Anderson had to say about his commitment to Louisville. The St. Xavier all-time leading rusher had committed to West Virginia, but changed his mind and will now sign with the Cardinals on Feb. 7.

* About his decision: “Things changed totally from my aspect when I went down there (to U of L),†Anderson said. “I’m not saying anything bad about coach (Bobby) Petrino, but I felt more comfortable with the new staff and felt it was a place similar to West Virginia. So in the end I just decided if it was right here at home, why go five hours away? It was a tough decision, every single day I changed my mind to be honest. But it was what was right for me. I couldn’t have made a better decision.â€Â

* On almost committing to Kentucky recently: “I was going towards Kentucky and things got complicated. It’s just how things work out sometimes, but I’m excited and I’m glad it’s over. It was getting overwhelming.â€Â

* On new U of L coach Steve Kragthorpe: "When coach Kragthorpe got here I saw him the first day he got here – on my official visit - and we ate dinner that night. I knew form there he and (West Virginia) coach (Rich) Rodriguez were similar guys. He’s a lot more interactive with the players and I think that is a huge factor to some players. He enjoys what he does and huge factor."

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

they will bring their game to tampa this season.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Wednesday, February 7, 2007      

E-mail this       |        Print page

UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE

'Low in numbers but high in impact'

That's consensus on Cardinals' class

By Jody Demling

jdemling@courier-journal.com

The Courier-Journal

New University of Louisville football coach Steve Kragthorpe and his staff have been playing catchup on the recruiting front since his hiring less than a month ago, but by all indications they've done a bang-up job.

The Cardinals' incoming class will be small -- probably only about 16 players -- but there is expected to be plenty of quality when the national signing period begins today.

"Most coaches have difficulty pulling in the kind of athletes they want in only a month or two," said Allen Wallace, national recruiting editor for Scout.com and publisher of SuperPrep. "He's been one of the exceptions to the rule."

U of L has commitments from the top two players in Kentucky -- Male all-purpose back Douglas Beaumont and St. Xavier running back Victor Anderson -- plus a top running back from Illinois (Dale Martin), the son of a former Super Bowl MVP (Matt Simms) and several big-time junior-college players.

"It's unbelievable for a coach to do in a month," CSTV recruiting expert Tom Lemming said. "It's low in numbers but high in impact."

The Cardinals will celebrate the signings with a party for fans at 4 p.m. today in the Brown & Williamson Club at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.

The Cards' class, which had just four commitments when coach Bobby Petrino bolted for the Atlanta Falcons in early January, is generally ranked among the nation's top 50. It's rated No. 43 by Rivals.com, No. 44 by ESPN.com and No. 49 by Scout.com.

"It's solid," ESPN.com analyst Tom Luginbill said.

Beaumont, the state's Mr. Football, finished his career at Male with 5,954 yards and 91 touchdowns. Anderson is the all-time leading rusher (4,008 yards) and scorer (75 TDs) in St. X history. Both were first-team Courier-Journal All-Staters, as was another U of L commitment, Newport Central Catholic defensive end Zach Kiernan.

Martin rushed for more than 2,700 yards the past two seasons at Bolingbrook (Ill.). Simms -- son of Southern High School, Morehead State and New York Giants great Phil Simms -- led Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep to a state title as a senior.

U of L has a commitment from Trotwood (Ohio) Madison defensive back C. J. Peake -- one of the top players in that state -- but he's now considering Wisconsin again and is expected to make an announcement this morning.

U of L's list of junior-college players is impressive. It's led by the top-ranked one, Visalia (Calif.) College of the Sequoias defensive back Woodny Turenne, and former University of Miami linebacker Willie Williams.

U of L is still awaiting word on several prospects. Lauderdale Lakes (Fla.) Boyd Anderson defensive end Patrick Grant, linebacker Josh Bynes and offensive lineman Kevin Bryant will announce their decisions this morning.

The Cardinals still are in the hunt for New Market (Ala.) wide receiver Lydariez Friend. Another prospect, Norco (Calif.) offensive lineman Adam Tello, committed to Arizona State last night.