• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ACC replaces Big East as BCS' Big Least

Guest 22ndStBULL

Navy losing probably helps us in moving up to finishing in the top 25 THIS YEAR. Also, Ill be supporting the big east at the gator bowl new years day (hung over). My cousin who attends GT got some extra tix, so ill be rocking the bulls gear in the GT student section cheering for the big east!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Having played in the ACC in the '70s I can say they really are not a very good football conference. Never have been. And now with FSU and Miami stumbling their new arrivals really don't make the ACC as strong as the other BCS conferences. And certainly not against the Big East, which not only was MUCH stronger this year, but objectively look to have have four programs with great young coaches that are on the rise.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Lets not be ignorant here, the acc will be fine, they are obviously having a down year, and it may continue next year, but this year they showed their depth. If WVU and UL had down years at the same time do you really think teams like Cuse or UCONN could step up and be ranked? I dont. Miami and FSU will get better, VT still had a good year, and they have some other promising schools, they'll be fine.

Dont get me wrong i love seeing them do bad, but I dont expect it to continue

I think teams like USF, Rutgers, and Cincy could easily step in.  Especially if they got the added benefit of having WV and UL way over rated at the begining of the season, making conference wins over sub par programs look even better.

I mean was that a serious question?  Did Duke, UNC, or NC State step in for FSU, Miami, and Clemson this year?  Why would you pick the two worst teams in the BE to compare?  

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Best part right here.

Interconference ineptitude

It's deeper than that. ACC teams lost five of eight games to teams from the Big East. Four of the losses were by 17 or more. They were 1-5 against Southeastern Conference teams. [highlight]They were 3-3 against -- gasp -- Conference USA. [/highlight]

C-DOA gets  ;D ;D ;D

ACC gets  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east is now 5th best bcs conference

do we fell better?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I hate Miami.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

big east is now 5th best bcs conference

do we fell better?

We didn't fall this year...

USC fell a couple times at the end of the season, but we certainly didn't "fell".