• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

flood HIS myspace with messages!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

if case you havent noticed on our recruits and prospects board, Bilal Powell has been getting much attention as our potential next great RB.  I hear he has his college choices nailed down to either USF or Louisville.  He is going on a visit to UL very soon.  my cousin plays with him, and talks to him regularly...so this is straight from the horses mouth.  the link on this post is a direct link to Bilal's myspace page. we need to desperately flood his myspace inbox with messages from us Bulls to let him know he IS being talked about, and being shown love from us.  any influence we can have on this kid to come here is HUGE.  he is UNBELIEVABLE, and needs to come to usf NOW!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=85532336

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

That would be a violation of NCAA bylaws...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

not so fast my friend

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/071906aai.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2006-07-19-kentucky-violations_x.htm

"The NCAA is pretty strict: There's four people who are allowed to have contact with a recruit, and those are the coaches on the basketball staff."

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

Stricklin noted that any recruiting postings  even tasteful ones  are inappropriate in the NCAA's view.

"I think it's the kind of thing where if it continued unabated, [highlight]a school could get in some serious jeopardy because it would be the same as a booster walking up and having continual conversations or phone contacts with a recruit,[/highlight]" he said.

"The NCAA is pretty strict: There's four people who are allowed to have contact with a recruit, and those are the coaches on the basketball staff."

Although the Web postings amount to [highlight]minor violations[/highlight], they can't be ignored, he said.

"The NCAA gets nervous if you're not turning in secondary violations, because that means you're not paying attention," Stricklin said.

Why so many pro-Kentucky postings on the site?

"The number of people who are interested in our basketball program is probably larger than a lot of college programs," Stricklin said. "And they're not casually interested. They're passionately interested."

University of Louisville sports publicist Kenny Klein said Wednesday he was unaware of any postings by Louisville fans on Patterson's site.

Many athletes have websites, he noted, and that can present a host of problems in the Internet age.

...might want to rethink the whole 'flood his inbox' line of thinking. It's one thing to post on a public board (such as this), quite another to get next to a recruit.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

all the same lets not go there

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Is that all it takes to get an NCAA violation? Wow that's so easy.  Hey do you have the myspace addresses for UM, FSU, and UF recruits? I'm going to beg them to go to "our" school, all I gotta do is throw in a few UM,FSU, or UF logos in my page and voila! NCAA violations for all.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

How come South Carolina isn't in trouble for all the ass-kissing their fans did on Stephen Garcia's blog on TBO.com?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

How come South Carolina isn't in trouble for all the ass-kissing their fans did on Stephen Garcia's blog on TBO.com?

Because you can't control what your fan base does.  That's why I doubt that fan posts would get any university in trouble.  It is just too easy to get another school in trouble by pretending to be their fan. I'm not advocating for people to send 100 comments to a recruit, but I wouldn't be worried about any sanctions if people contact him.