• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 25? scenerio (Brett's blog)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I posted this on another thread earlier:

Last year we had the 7th hardest strength of schedule.  That is also an important thing to take into consideration especially if we want to get into the top 25 and be there consistently.

I firmly believe that we will at some point next year be in the top 25, but in order to make the type of inroads we want, we need to schedule our OOC games with quality teams.  This next year Auburn and North Carolina will be the only games outside our conference which will assist us in getting there.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Next year might be the first time in I don't know how long that the pre-season top 25 won't have FSU or Miami in it.

Don't bet on it.   :)

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Next year might be the first time in I don't know how long that the pre-season top 25 won't have FSU or Miami in it.

Don't bet on it.   :)

Yeah, they will pay someone off or something.   ;)

Not looking like our bowl games are going our way... oh well... always next year  :-/

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

You guys are kidding me right.  How on earth would either Miami or FSU get into the top 25 pre-season poll ?  I know reputation goes a long way in the polls but it would be a joke if either of those teams was there.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You guys are kidding me right.  How on earth would either Miami or FSU get into the top 25 pre-season poll ?  I know reputation goes a long way in the polls but it would be a joke if either of those teams was there.

Reputation goes a long way.  

Seriously, FSU and Miami are still loaded with talent.  If the voters believe the coaching changes are positive, either or both could start the season ranked in the 20's.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Although it will never happen, perfect scenerio would not have a poll until atleast week 3, then you would be going on less speculation.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Although it will never happen, perfect scenerio would not have a poll until atleast week 3, then you would be going on less speculation.

i would agree with that except that most teams, including us, play easy teams the first few weeks.  i think the polls should be more fluid to start out, rather than the same movements up or down from a loss.  also, early on, if you ranked 2 teams #1 and #2 and they played and #1 barely won, why should #2 drop?  some changes are too great to me but some changes should be greater early in the season imo.  oh well.

btw, fsu and miami could easily be ranked in the preseason polls, so don't be surprised if that happens.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I would be shocked if FSU and Miami were not in the top 25 starting next year, and I think we'll get votes but won't be there at the start of the season (while Rutgers will be).  

There aren't going to be too many people around the nation thinking USF when football season starts next year.  Hopefully they'll all be thinking of us when the season is ending.