• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

to bad we cant play these guys twice in a year

what an easy win

Sorry you obviously missed this year's game smazzie.

As the season went on, it was proved that UCF is on par with FIU and McNeese St ... and USF was a Bowl Team.

2007 will be VERY ugly for UCF  8-)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

does it really matter who our rival is or not?

It doesn't mean squat to winning the Big East.

I don't care who we play as long as we win.

What the hell kind of an attitude is that???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

As the year went on Grothe came into his own and both the D/O lines solidified. We just grew up a lot this year. The games we played earlier are little indication of the team we are now. Grothe just began to hit his stride against UCF. I'd agree with smazza, we could rack up some wins by playing them more often--but we need to strengthen our OOC games. Looking forward to Auburn, Florida, and Miami on our radar.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

One that is present in alot of people here who really dont know much about football.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76

Quote by: BBS Posted on: Today at 5:14pm

We sold 26K for the McNeese game this year. We sold 45K for UCF last year. Not twice as much ....

McNeese State was the home opener...If it had been the second game of the season, no way as many people would have shown up for a division 2A matchup.

.... and as the beatdowns continue, less and less Kanigits will want to make the trip to see their team get their asses handed to them so the attendance gap will widen. Although, if they want to do 2 for 1's with us, that may be ok.

So USF should schedule them as the season opener. No disagreement that competition level is one-sided but as you pointed out, 45K > 26K.  Leaving them on the schedule also is benefitical right now because we definitely looked upon as a team that doesn't travel well. Consider UCF our fan bases' training wheels....it's a short trip for the casual fan. They'll get hooked on the away game atmoshere (like everyone here has that's been to one) and the number of fans that travel will grow.  I know UCF was my first away game and I had so much fun that I dragged some family with me to the bowl game.  My father had a blast there and as soon as the the schedule is posted, he and I are gameplanning a trip to Pitt.  I also have friends that are going with me to the FIU game and I'm already trying to talk up people for a road trip to see Auburn. All it took was for me to finally go to one.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

^^^^ training wheels? I like that.  That is true once you make it to one away game you want more. My first one was the UM game last year, and like many now I'm looking forward to a road trip to Auburn.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

We sold 26K for the McNeese game this year. We sold 45K for UCF last year. Not twice as much ....

McNeese State was the home opener...If it had been the second game of the season, no way as many people would have shown up for a division 2A matchup.

Not that many did show up...that was tickets sold...and for a small school Mc Neese travels well.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

One that is present in alot of people here who really dont know much about football.

Actually, I think it's just the opposite. Too many people here worry about stuff OTHER than just winning football games where people who know football know that the bottom line is winning ...

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

whatever

Winning games seems pretty much the goal of playing them.

You tell me what really matters, unless all you really have to add is an insult without any real contribution to the discussion.

If you think having a rival is all that important for a team that is 10 years old, I question your football knowledge. I don't care how many tackles you had-- you are not as smart as you think you are. You want to know who I want our rival to be? UF or FSU or Miami-- someone IN THE STATE that is WORTH PLAYING.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Nobody is screaming for UCF to be our rival.  Who wouldn't want FSU/UM/UF as their rivals over UCF? Is just a simple discussion on who our percieved rival is.  I make the point that the average fan and tampa residents may see UCF as our rival.  Does that mean we are worrying about the wrong thing or that we don't understand football, or that we love/hate for UCF to be our rival? No it doesn't mean that.  It is just an argument. geez people, is not that serious.