• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I disagree, this whole "UCF is not our rival thing" is mostly an internet thing.  Ask anyone and chances are they'll say UCF is indeed our rival.  We can't keep on denying it.

Sure we can.   ;D

Besides which, for a true rivalry there needs to be a reasonable chance that either side can win.  At this point, we win 9 out of 10 times.  It can't be a rivalry unless UCF can pick up the pace.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I don't mean attendance; season ticket holders will still show up as will students, but this series taking on some sort of 'rivalry status', could well be fading in the rearview mirror.

I would submit that it never made it into USF's front windshield.  It has always been crystal clear that this game meant more to one team over the other, and while a small number of vocal USF fans have expressed a desire for this to occur, the overall USF population doesn't see UCF as a peer much less a rival.  Hence, no long term contract, when it could have easily been arranged.

I disagree, this whole "UCF is not our rival thing" is mostly an internet thing.  Ask anyone and chances are they'll say UCF is indeed our rival.  We can't keep on denying it.

I disagree, this whole "UCF is our rival thing" is mostly an Internet thing.  Ask anyone and chances are they'll say USF doesn't yet have a rival.

I asked, and 9 out of 10 people on the street said they were indeed our rival.  It doesn't mean I agree with them, that is just the perception from the fans.  If we don't want people to have that idea then let's stop scheduling them after '08.

LOL, I'd love to see the statistical support you have for that.  Just because you want them to be our rival doesn't mean that they are.  Sorry about your luck.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I asked, and 9 out of 10 people on the street said they were indeed our rival.  It doesn't mean I agree with them, that is just the perception from the fans.  If we don't want people to have that idea then let's stop scheduling them after '08.

Exactly where is this street you polled??

If they were a bonifed rival, there would be no question about it. The media wouldn't be pushing so hard to make it one. Bottom line, as Mike said, we don't have a rival yet.

If we don't want people to have that idea then let's stop scheduling them after '08.

We already have ...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

If we have them at the RJ every other year we will sell more tickets for that one game than we in two years of having the McNeese, Elon, Wofford, and Samford games.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

LOL, I'd love to see the statistical support you have for that.  Just because you want them to be our rival doesn't mean that they are.  Sorry about your luck.

LOL. C'mon, you gotta know I made that crap up.  I asked friends that have never read anything on this board, and they have all said we were rivals.  I was at Beefs today and a Gator, who by the way was very complimentary of our team, said that the I-4 rivalry was going to be really interesting.  At the end of the day I encounter a lot more people that think this is a rivalry.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If we have them at the RJ every other year we will sell more tickets for that one game than we in two years of having the McNeese, Elon, Wofford, and Samford games.

We sold 26K for the McNeese game this year. We sold 45K for UCF last year. Not twice as much .... and as the beatdowns continue, less and less Kanigits will want to make the trip to see their team get their asses handed to them so the attendance gap will widen. Although, if they want to do 2 for 1's with us, that may be ok.

LOL. C'mon, you gotta know I made that crap up.  I asked friends that have never read anything on this board, and they have all said we were rivals.  I was at Beefs today and a Gator, who by the way was very complimentary of our team, said that the I-4 rivalry was going to be really interesting.  At the end of the day I encounter a lot more people that think this is a rivalry.

You asked like minded individuals, not random fans.  It doesn't matter, rivalries aren't just contrived so easily.  If this is going to become a rivalry, we'll know a decade down the road.  Until then, we don't have a rival.

I felt one was building with SoMiss, but our move to the BE ended an annual game with them.  Our program is just too new, it is tough to have the tradition that comes from decades of games.  A rivalry with UCF may be the future, and we may be seeing the beginning of it.  However, we just aren't there yet.  If we stop playing them after the 2008 game, it'll be tough to call it a rivalry, or for it to build into one.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

does it really matter who our rival is or not?

It doesn't mean squat to winning the Big East.

I don't care who we play as long as we win.