• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Adds Purdue Transfer Melvin Buckley

Guest BasketBull.

http://basketballphenoms.com/classof2002.htm

Class of 2002 Rankings

These rankings are comprised by Mike Apodaca.

Updated: 6/11/02 -- Final Rankings

1. Amare Stoudemire C 6-10 Orlando, FL (Cypress Creek) Fast Break USA * NBA DRAFT

78. Yusuf Baker PF 6-7 Orlando, FL (Evans) Fastbreak USA *South Florida

97. Melvin Buckley SF 6-6 South Holland, IL (Thornwood) Illinois Warriors *Purdue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure by reading that first article, that he expects to come to USF and jack it up from 22 feet without anyone questioning his decision?

I don't know of any decent team where you can expect that...let alone one coached by Robert McCullum.

I do know that playing time is available at USF - but I hope he doesn't expect to come down here and just play, he'll have to earn it just like anywhere else.

Guest BasketBull.

Altron is back!

"I'd just like to find a place where I can come down the court, fire one up from 22 feet and not have people looking over my back like I'm crazy," he says. "They've got me on a short leash here. That's obvious."

"Yeah, man, I just want some love."

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

As McCullum said, he's showed flashes of his capabilities:

LSU 'one-and-done' after Purdue

By Matt Deville  

Date: Mar 21, 2003

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -– Purdue went on a 13-0 run at start of the second half to break open a 32-32 halftime tie and run away with an 80-56 win Friday over LSU.

The Tigers' run in the NCAA Tournament ended in the first round of the South Regional at Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center.

Purdue’s Melvin Buckley scored 20 points leading the Boilermakers (19-10) to the school’s eighth consecutive NCAA first round victory.

"We shot the ball as well as we have in a while today," Purdue head coach Gene Keady said.

For LSU (21-11), the 24-point loss was the school’s worst ever defeat in NCAA action, surpassing a 23-point deficit at the hands of a David Robinson-led Navy club in the 1985 tournament.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Really excited about this new player, especially after the recruiting barage has passed. For us to get a veteran player in our 1st year in the BE can only be a good thing. This guy has played in some BIG games in his career....something many of our guys have not done. (I think Purdue played and beat Duke early this past season)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

He will be on a short leash here as well, for sure.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Answers all my questions. Thanks again Howie. Welcome Mr. Buckley. Welcome to the fun and sun of USF!!!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I agree with you basketbull! Let his academic accomplishments be known after he performs on the court! Who cares before then... a 4.0 GPA doesn't mean squat if the kid can't ball!

except to boost your overall team gpa?

you guys are never satisfied this guy left a very good bcs team to come here, he was getting playing time but he chose to come here , he has no academic chit to worry about and he CHOSE to come here, just give mac some credit instead of just ********.

moreover the season has not started yet and we can't evaluate the progress recruiting has had on this team.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

this guy left a very good bcs team to come here

BCS is a football thing, there is no such thing as a bcs basketball team.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

still, the point is that he was a recruit from a top conference program.  BCS might not be basketball related, but it is still relevant as BCS programs are usually the best basketball conferences (usually).