• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bash Brett Thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

In today's Trib,

Even Orlando Sentinel columnist Mike Bianchi, who called USF a "renegade program" earlier this year, is a believer.

"I don't think there's any question USF is the second-best team in the state this season," Bianchi said. "Not only that, I think they have the best chance of any team in the state of going to a BCS bowl next year.

"Miami and Florida State will be going through massive offensive transitions next year. Florida loses its quarterback and most of its star players. The Bulls have the nucleus of a bowl team returning, they have the most exciting quarterback in the state and they get Louisville and West Virginia at home."

Bianchi said the Bulls are quickly closing on UF, FSU and Miami.

[highlight]"Well, with all the drug suspensions and academic casualties, the Bulls are well on their way to being a big-time college football program," Bianchi said. [/highlight]

:wtf

I have had no problem with what Brett has written in the past, but know many of you have been very upset. Well, today changed it all. There is no reason for that last quote to be put in this article. It gives the casual fan a false impression of our Beloved BULLS.

I urge you to send your comments to Brett on his blog where fans can read and we can give the truth.

Please don't just call him names, be adults and just voice your displeasure.

STAMPEDE !!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Brett is just putting down what Bianchi has said. Of Course, Bianchi was just throwing a tongue and cheek comment in like he loves to do, so take it for what it is worth.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

if you read brett's articles about two or three years ago, they were all positive for the bulls, but nowadays, you can almost feel he has an antibulls attitude, why is he still the writer for us at the tribune? we should have a coming out day for brett, brett, say it, "cjl doesn't like me, i hate cjl".

False impression??

false impression - noun

A failure to understand correctly: misapprehension, misconception, misinterpretation, misunderstanding. See understand/misunderstand.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

That article was mostly positive, so I dont see why Brett should be bashed right here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

If anything I would question why Brett would take a quote that was a bad attempt at humor by Bianchi and turn it into a legitimate comment in his story...that makes no sense at all.  poor judgment.

That article was mostly positive, so I dont see why Brett should be bashed right here.

Enron's CEO tried using that same defense  ;)

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

If anything I would question why Brett would take a quote that was a bad attempt at humor by Bianchi and turn it into a legitimate comment in his story...that makes no sense at all.  poor judgment.

I can agree with this one.  Believe it or not, I have done one or two bonehead things in my life, also.  I'm just going to let this go.  With a bowl game in ninety minutes, I have wings and Bud, not Bianchi, on my mind!!!