• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#25/24 TCU vs N. Illinois

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

TCU (#25/24 in the AP/coaches polls) is up 6-0 on N. Illinois half way through the 1st Q. TCU ran in a 4yd TD and missed the pat.

Why does this matter to USF? If USF is to have any slim hope of getting ranked this year, then someone (probably more than a few someones near the bottom of the polls) need to lose in the Top #25. It would also help for teams ahead in the also getting votes category to lose as well. And USF to destroy ECU. So you can see, there is a LOT to hope for. ;)

Kizarvexis

TCU 13-0 over the Huskies. The Huskies have -11 yards rushing and 3 yards passing for a total net yardage of -8 for the game. Four straight three and outs for the Huskies. It looks like a miracle may be needed. :)

Kizarvexis

p.s. My son has strep throat and he gave me an early Christmas present. I won't make the BB game chat. Night.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I've said it before, and I will say it again.  If and that is a huge IF (am am not for BE expansion) the BE ever expands or takes on a 9th football member, I would like to see them take TCU, not Memphis, EZU, or CFU.  TCU has a great tradition in a HUGE metro area (DFW - 6 million people), in a football rich state - as much as Florida believe it or not.  And before someone says they are too far away, they are no farther away from the rest of the BE than USF is.  Dallas to Louisville is 835 miles, Tampa to Louisville is 873 miles.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Well, TCU won, so we can hope for another  8-)

Thanx for keeping us updated K.

Well, TCU won, so we can hope for another  8-)

Thanx for keeping us updated K.

TCU destroyed the Huskies 37-7. N. Illinois had 28 yards rushing and 79 yards passing for a total of 107 yards of offense. Add in the 49 yards of sacks (5) and you have 58 yards of net offense. The Huskies TD was off a punt block returned 30 yards for a TD. TCU had 453 yards of net offense, 200 rushing and 253 passing.

The next bowl game is #19/20 BYU vs Oregon. I don't have them listed as I don't think a 10-3 BYU team would be ranked under a 9-4 USF team.

The next team on the list is YOUR USF BULLS vs the Purple Pirates of ECU in the Pizza Bowl! Go BULLS! Sink the Pirates!

Kizarvexis

I've said it before, and I will say it again.  If and that is a huge IF (am am not for BE expansion) the BE ever expands or takes on a 9th football member, I would like to see them take TCU, not Memphis, EZU, or CFU.  TCU has a great tradition in a HUGE metro area (DFW - 6 million people), in a football rich state - as much as Florida believe it or not.  And before someone says they are too far away, they are no farther away from the rest of the BE than USF is.  Dallas to Louisville is 835 miles, Tampa to Louisville is 873 miles.

Don't you think it's really hard to convince the Big East to take a team from Fort Worth, Texas?

I mean Fort Worth is closer to LA than NY...

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Don't you think it's really hard to convince the Big East to take a team from Fort Worth, Texas?

Pretty much what I was thinking... then again, St. Louis U., on the banks of the Mississippi River and gateway to the West, is in the Atlantic 10, so go figure.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Yeah...guess everyone knows that Dallas is SOOOO much closer to LA (1,300 plus miles) than New York (1,400 plus miles). HUGE Difference  ::) Note: Dallas to NYC is still CLOSER compared to the distance from the Univ of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) to the Univ of Washington (Seattle) in the Pac-10 (1,600 plus miles).

Don't think a "name" of any conference means anything.

If teams had to be in the same area to join a conference, then the Big 10 wouldn't have teams in Iowa...all the way to Pennsylvania.

In today's collegiate landscape, where TV $$$$ to a conf is SOOOO important, market share potential (yes, some schools don't dominate their local market), is more important today compared to "location".

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

East Texas is considered part of the South East.  West Texas part of the southwest.  850 miles from Orange TX in East TX to El Paso in West TX.

Also, the only other D1A teams in DFW are SMU and UNT (North Texas).

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

They should expand the Big 12.  TCU is a natural fit for that conference.