• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many more threads are going to be..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Started after every single basketball game that we lose about how bad RMC is?  It's getting to a point where every single thread on this board is about that.  Enough is enough, do we all know that the basketball team is struggling, yes but lets stop beating a dead horse here.  

If you don't like RMC that is fine but stop talking trash about the team, these players are trying their best and they haven't done anything to deserve the type of smack talking everyone is laying on them.  

Until DW makes a change, RMC is our coach, there is nothing that we can do about it.  Deal with it.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

And I guess that was also part of why I had enough and posted my thread.

But, afraid it will continue  8-)

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

It happened last year...

It happens at every school... especially big programs.

Does anybody remember the UNC fans about their football team and coach?

I don't like it... but we have to deal with it.  It's part of reality.  I'm not happy with Mac, but he is OUR coach (last time I checked)... therefore I will support him until I'm told that we have a different coach.  I told myself that I will judge AFTER the season is over.

We are 5 games above .500 and we have matched our win total from last year, which shows progression at this point.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Started after every single basketball game that we lose about how bad RMC is?  It's getting to a point where every single thread on this board is about that.  Enough is enough, do we all know that the basketball team is struggling, yes but lets stop beating a dead horse here.  

If you don't like RMC that is fine but stop talking trash about the team, these players are trying their best and they haven't done anything to deserve the type of smack talking everyone is laying on them.  

Until DW makes a change, RMC is our coach, there is nothing that we can do about it.  Deal with it.  

As one who was excited about the Coach Mac hire four years ago, and as one who has become convinced that he needs to be terminated at season's end (barring a brilliant turn-around this season), I see your point.

Over the past few days, I have been very vocal in my displeasure with the basketball program, but I do understand where you guys are coming from.

Like you say, we're stuck with him for the duration of this season, and nobody is arguing that Mac is doing a good job (well, ALMOST nobody).

So consider this my promise that I will tone it down a few notches for the rest of the season.  Now, I reserve the right to discuss things and question Mac does certain things, but like I said, I pledge a toned-down demeanor until the post season.

[smiley=engel017.gif]

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

I think a person who is the head basketball coach at one of the ten biggest schools in the country is going to have more then negetive threads posted about him when he fails to finish out of the bottom quarter of his conference every year he has held the position.

Did anyone see the posts on the Alabama board about Mike Shula?  and he went 10-2 last year.

How about the calls for Lloyd Carr's head the past two seasons in Ann Arbor?  the guy had his team on the cusp of a national title this year.... but was going 8-4 -- 7-5.

And Tyrone Willingham at Notre Dame..  They bought his contract out a season after he started 10-0.

Coach Mac has underperformed at every level at USF.  These fans that post these threads want nothing but a winner.  That is all.  They don't want to bash the Univesity.  They aren't disloyal.  They want something to cheer about over at the Sun Dome, and what they have gotten over the last 15 years is not good.

I think a person who supports a general with a bad war strategy is more disloyal then a person who criticizes someone who is taking them down the wrong road.

Just my humble opinion.

You guys would have supported Ron Zook.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Some of you guys  are too soft.  Real fans of teams wear brown bags over their heads when their teams performed like ours has the last 4 years.  You guys cant handle a little trash talk about the coach who failed (record wise for the green and gold glasses guys, I know how much he contributes all around  ;))   I mean I personally cant call up the radio stations and talk USF bball because noone is talking about them.  He is lucky usf is as accepting as we are.  His face would be on every newspaper in a big city calling for his heaad and you guys cry because some loyal fans want him out, so we can FINALLY WIN!!!  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Some of you guys  are too soft.  Real fans of teams wear brown bags over their heads when their teams performed like ours has the last 4 years.  You guys cant handle a little trash talk about the coach who failed (record wise for the green and gold glasses guys, I know how much he contributes all around  ;))   I mean I personally cant call up the radio stations and talk USF bball because noone is talking about them.  He is lucky usf is as accepting as we are.  His face would be on every newspaper in a big city calling for his heaad and you guys cry because some loyal fans want him out, so we can FINALLY WIN!!!  

wearing bags on our heads may be a good idea for a game later this season.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

I've got plenty of old plastic bags for those who want them.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

You can hate Mac and you can disrespect his players (well no, you can't do that), but what's the point of complaining in the middle of the season? Do you think DW is going to stop the whole season down and fire Mac in the middle of it?