• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I'll need a few beers to watch that team in those ugle purple uniforms...........At least we're not playing UCF, now thats disturbing and bad drunks.........

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I know I'm in the minority, but I am hoping for NO BEER.

Much more civil crowd that way.  I know some of you folks will be imbibing of the toxic stuff before you come in the stadium, but at least you can't add to the problem once you get inside.

I've seen enough disgusting, disturbing, and dangerous behavior at football games thanks to alcohol for five lfetimes.....and I'm young.

Actually, there are studies out there that show that this leads to binge drinking before the game, which leads to worse problems inside the stadium.  If the sales staff would simply adhere to not selling beer to anyone that appears intoxicated, there would be a lot less problems.

There were no beer sales when we played Alabama there a few years ago.

That is due to an SEC rule... no beer at any SEC games.  Don't know about the bowl game

Neither the BE nor CUSA have "no alcohol" rules for their events.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Much more civil crowd that way.  I know some of you folks will be imbibing of the toxic stuff before you come in the stadium, but at least you can't add to the problem once you get inside.

I've seen enough disgusting, disturbing, and dangerous behavior at football games thanks to alcohol for five lfetimes.....and I'm young.

WHAT?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

WHAT?

Do I need to type slower, ewerbeck?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Almost all bowl games sell beer because they are not NCAA ran events. There is no doubt in my mind that this game will sell beer. The only game I know of that does not is the New Mexico Bowl, as the school's AD does not want alcohol at the game.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Actually, there are studies out there that show that this leads to binge drinking before the game, which leads to worse problems inside the stadium.  If the sales staff would simply adhere to not selling beer to anyone that appears intoxicated, there would be a lot less problems.

Studies aside, I know what I have observed.  The difference bewteen behavior where beer is sold versus where it is not is night and day.

I can't even begin to tell you what I've seen at Raymond James.  Ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'm all about binge drinking, drunk chicks, and any other fun times that come with the over consumption of alcohol! Matter of fact, I'm going to pop a beer right now and try to cure my **** cold!

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

WHAT?

Do I need to type slower, ewerbeck?

Apparently... I just don't understand. Do you work at the government facility that puts fluoride in our water too? Everything is a better time when nobody is disgusted, offended, or engaging in any risky behavior. EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE A SEDATIVE AND SIT DOWN.  ;)

Studies aside, I know what I have observed.  The difference bewteen behavior where beer is sold versus where it is not is night and day.

I can't even begin to tell you what I've seen at Raymond James.  Ridiculous.

The issue at RayJay isn't that they sell alcohol, it is that they sell it in such huge sizes and to already intoxicated people.  If they adhered to standards for serving, the control environment would be much stronger.

By the way, most stadiums usually have dry family areas where no alcohol is served, and isn't allowed to be consumed.  You might want to check with USF to see if this is a possibility.