• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU has sold 7,000 tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I won't be suprised if ECU has more fans at the game. We have a small bunch of diehards like myself and the students, besides that our fan base is pretty small. We are growing, but need more of the fans that have no connection to USF. ECU has a ton of fans in that part of the state that have no connection to the university.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Dude......if ECU has more than us, that will be a real shame.  :(

Considering they had more people at THEIR home games than we had at OUR games -- I would expect them to have more people at the bowl game.

MEMPHIS -- 37431

WEST VIRGINIA -- 40510

VIRGINIA -- 35541

TULSA -- 34011

SMU -- 34141

MARSHALL -- 41372

Their smallest crowd was larger than our largest crowd this year.

Having visited Greenville, I can tell you that it is no surprise that they have decent attendance.  There is NOTHING there, nothing whatsoever for miles and miles.  Without ECU, that town would disappear.  There's something to be said for being the only game in town...

Based on the recent posts in this thread I'd say we have a few drunk posters tonight.  Please tell me what there is to do in Tampa on a fall Saturday that is so different from Greenville.  Just because you have more people living there doesn't mean there is more to do.  How naive.

And I drive 400+ miles to every home game and I know many that drive 4+ hours that live in the Richmond or DC area where there is PLENTY to do as well.  You dumbasses act like only people that live in Greenville come to the games.  Get a clue.

There may be a few diehard fans such as yourself that drive to the games from outlying areas.  However, if you think that is the norm, and where your attendance base is, than you are fooling yourself.  Get a clue.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

Why dont you USF fans give ECU credit??? Why do we have to be ashamed if ECU outdraws us??? Some of you make fun of ECU, but you have to understand that they have more tradition that USF. I think USF is doing well in attendence for only being around 10 years. Like upperdeck stated, he has a very long history with ECU. I wish I could say that my parents went to USF, but basically USF just started having a school back then.  It will take generations of alumns to help USF attendence for both bowl games  and home games in my opinion. ECU is very excited about making a bowl game because they have had some bad years during the last five seasons.

well said...Thanks....USF should be elated with having one of the winningest programs in college football...You guys will be fine ...just keep on winning ...everything else will take care of itself.

ECU drinks pee.   ;D

ok...we drink Pee...we suck..yada..yada..yada :-?

USF should be elated with having one of the winningest programs in college football...

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64

Dude......if ECU has more than us, that will be a real shame.  :(

Considering they had more people at THEIR home games than we had at OUR games -- I would expect them to have more people at the bowl game.

MEMPHIS -- 37431

WEST VIRGINIA -- 40510

VIRGINIA -- 35541

TULSA -- 34011

SMU -- 34141

MARSHALL -- 41372

Their smallest crowd was larger than our largest crowd this year.

Having visited Greenville, I can tell you that it is no surprise that they have decent attendance.  There is NOTHING there, nothing whatsoever for miles and miles.  Without ECU, that town would disappear.  There's something to be said for being the only game in town...

Based on the recent posts in this thread I'd say we have a few drunk posters tonight.  Please tell me what there is to do in Tampa on a fall Saturday that is so different from Greenville.  Just because you have more people living there doesn't mean there is more to do.  How naive.

And I drive 400+ miles to every home game and I know many that drive 4+ hours that live in the Richmond or DC area where there is PLENTY to do as well.  You dumbasses act like only people that live in Greenville come to the games.  Get a clue.

There may be a few diehard fans such as yourself that drive to the games from outlying areas.  However, if you think that is the norm, and where your attendance base is, than you are fooling yourself.  Get a clue.

You don't people drive over 100 miles to our games????  You think everyone that lives in Greenville and Pitt County make up 90% of our fans at each game????  You couldn't be MORE wrong.  Lots of Pirates have moved to the Triangle area, Charlotte, Tidewater area, Richmond, etc and come back for games.  

I think it is highly likely that a portion of your ticket sales come from within a small drive.  Do they all come from Greenville?  No, there's nothing in greenville for alum to do professionally, so they all cannot stay there.  The point that I was trying to initially make, which is obviously a point that you do not like to admit and/or discuss, is that there is nothing to do in Greenville, and because of that there will be much stronger local attendance figures.  Why that bothers you is beyond me...

It is clear to me that the ECU fans have a serious chip on their shoulder.  My guess for the likeliest reason is our admittance to the BE.  I see many posts on other ECU sites where this issue is very clear, as they really think of themselves as being superior to all mid-major teams, and anyone recently invited into the BE.

because of this, it is very important for them to try and provide the perception that they have a huge fan base, as well as consistently regurgitating things that their team did over a decade ago.

I think it is highly likely that a portion of your ticket sales come from within a small drive.  Do they all come from Greenville?  No, there's nothing in greenville for alum to do professionally, so they all cannot stay there.  The point that I was trying to initially make, which is obviously a point that you do not like to admit and/or discuss, is that there is nothing to do in Greenville, and because of that there will be much stronger local attendance figures.  Why that bothers you is beyond me...

You make a valid point about ticket sales within a short drive..50miles..or so...but without the fans that come from much further away...ECUs attendance figures would be in the 20k range...Its just been in the last 10 years...since our med school has experienced big growth and thus big growth in Greenville that local fan support has been really good.  The comment about professionals leaving Gville is also true, but thats true of most schools not just ECU...Im really quite proud of the fan base we have...we will have over 10k in our Pirate Club next year..boosters have stepped up and done great things at ECU in the last 10 years...New 5000 seat Baseball stadium...BB arena revamp...and addition of 15k upper deck and state of the game fieldhouse and weight rooms...We are moving ahead....Not shabby for a school that lacks the BCS money.